Coordinator, Graduate and Transfer Admission
Arizona State University
Department: Admission Services
Req ID# 80980BR
Admission Services at Arizona State University seeks an effective communicator who shows initiative in completion of duties with accuracy and attention to detail. This person will be able to connect quickly with students, families, along with internal and external partners in a poised, informative and enthusiastic manner and will be capable of stimulating and motivating others while being responsive and aware of their needs and concerns. This position will entail working at a very fast pace with frequent interruptions and will require working both independently and collaboratively at times in order to complete tasks. Under general supervision, we need someone who is able to counsel and confer with prospective students interested in enrolling at Arizona State University.
Salary Range: $41,500 per year
Close Date: 20-July-2022
- Implements strategies to the assigned market, develops strong relationships with prospective students and their family members, counsels and confers with students interpreting and providing program procedures, policies, goals and objectives through phone contact, a variety of electronic media, and face-to-face meetings to ensure a seamless transition to university.
- Utilizes PeopleSoft and ASU online information systems to monitor and accurately inform prospective students. Utilizes CRM to record phone interactions, correspondence, visits, monitoring and follow up of prospective student information in a timely manner.
- Effectively integrates enrollment strategies and action items through meaningful and productive interactions with students.
- Acts as liaison and develops strong relationships with local organizations, Alumni and other local networks that can aide recruitment efforts in the assigned markets through a variety of communication methods.
- Assists with or conducts special programs, visits, events, presentations or workshops in support of Admission Services, and when requested, to other University units to achieve overall university goals.
- Assists with in-office admissions appointments and University Information Sessions, frequent presentations in front of large audiences, and recruitment events as assigned.
- Efficiently executes campaigns by phone or other communication methods in order to successfully meet the overall university enrollment goals.
- Collaborates with all student recruitment areas as well as supervisors and enrollment management leadership to synergize with the goal of achieving university enrollment objectives for students.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions designated by the supervisor.
- Provides assistance with various student visit programs and events including on and off campus functions.
- Frequent nights and occasional weekends are required to perform the tasks necessary to be successful in this position.
- When requested, travels domestically or internationally and performs some or all of the previously listed tasks during those trips.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of military experience preferred.
- Fluency in a second language is preferred (bilingual).
- Experience with student recruitment and admission practices.
- Experience in federal regulations pertaining to international students.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices related to academic advising, recruitment/retention, and/or other student support functions.
- Experience developing and conducting group presentations targeted to diverse audiences.
- Experience in developing and maintaining productive working relationships.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and decision-making principles and procedures.
- Experience in using organizational and time management skills.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Frequent international and domestic travel, domestic travel involving operation of a motor vehicle.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
- This position receives regular review of objectives.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are expected.
In support of the university mission and goals, Admission Services creates and promotes the broadest possible awareness of ASU as the New American University. This is accomplished through meaningful interactions and customer service throughout the college search and enrollment processes.
Admission Services attracts and enrolls diverse, high achieving and talented students from Arizona, the nation and the world and engages families, educators, and other members of the community in the encouragement of students to pursue higher education at Arizona State University.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ (See Req ID# 80980BR), or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4573662_5494