Academic Success Coach I (ACE)
Academic Success Coach I (ACE)
Texas A&M International University
ACE - Advising & Retention
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Academic Success Coach I, under supervision, addresses
individual academic, financial, career, and social issues that
affect the success of first-time students to the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates purposeful interactions between students and academic
institutions to design individualized, student-centered educational
plans that lay the foundation for student success.
- Provides goal-oriented advising prior to or during the first
year to foster informed choices in students' educational planning.
Suggests and directs access of University resources relevant to
- Assists students in understanding academic studies, curriculum
requirements, and the relationship between majors and careers.
Develops class schedules based on individual student needs and
previous academic preparation.
- Assists students in establishing goals for high levels of
engagement towards academic progress and success.
- Assumes primary responsibility for early intervention,
implementation, and follow-up for students assigned to the
- Assists students in addressing problems and connects them with
appropriate support services on campus.
- Conveys implications of various policies and procedures related
to academic probation and suspension, dropping courses, and
satisfactory academic progress.
- Provides general information about financial aid and
scholarship requirements and processes, as well as other options
for financing education.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Education - Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited
institution of higher education.
- Experience - One year experience in advising and
- Word processing, spreadsheet and database
Licensing / Professional Certification
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
This position generally does not supervise employees.
First review of applications will be July 20, 2022
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- Evening and or weekend work may be required.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 professional references and their full contact
- Unofficial transcripts
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TAMIU/Academic-Success-Coach-I--ACE-_R-051983