The Guest Experience Guide
is a part-time position for Unity
Colleges 150-acre Sky Lodge campus tucked into Maines northwest
timber country in Moose River, Maine. The Guest Experience Manager
will ensure the lodge and restaurant are run efficiently,
professionally, and profitably by overseeing the activities
associated with the overall guest experience including but not
limited to reservations, guest amenities, as well as food and
beverage service. As a disruptor of the status quo, the Guest
Experience Guide will envision new possibilities for the outdoor
adventure traveler and for those who travel with purpose. The Sky
Lodge campus includes a historic log-cabin lodge with 12 guest
rooms and a 50-seat dining room, along with a welcome center, six
cabin homes available for rent by the public, an educational
facility enjoyed by the local community, and onsite Nordic ski and
Unity College is committed to creating a sustainable world through
global engagement and destination-based education. The environment
and our natural resources are at the forefront of all we do. As a
steward of the environment, the Guest Experience Guide maintains a
high level of customer service for outdoor adventure travelers and
those who seek to travel and learn with purpose. Within the
framework of functional leadership, the Guest Experience Manager
supports and is supported by other members of the Environmental
Business and Sustainable Ventures team while working with all
constituencies to realize the Unity College Mission and Strategic
- Creates unique memorial experiences for our guests.
- Supports the Guest Services Manager in individual guest and
internal Unity College programming to ensure standards for guest
services are met.
- Oversees the greeting of all guests. Assists guests to their
room, dining table, educational programming, and outdoor adventure
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks to the guests
- Manages online and phone reservations for the lodge and
- Maintain updated records of bookings and payments.
- Provide information about our dining room, hotel, available
rooms, rates, amenities, and programming.
- Respond to clients complaints in a timely and professional
- Liaison with housekeeping and facilities to ensure all rooms
are clean, tidy and fully furnished to accommodate guests
- Upsell ancillary services, when appropriate
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and
helpful way with a full knowledge of promotions, beverage lists,
menu items and preparation methods.
- Deliver beverages and food in an appropriate and professional
- Take and process accurate sales through Point of Sale (POS)
- The point of contact for guests informing them of special
happening during their stay and to answer any questions they may
- Maintains the appears of all public areas, and grounds to meet
guest expectations and Unity College: Sky Lodge standards of
- Completes all side work duties and ensures that the main lodge,
lounge, and dining room are clean and organized, ensuring that the
following shift is set up for success.
- Answers questions from guests about Unity College: Sky Lodge
policies and services.
- Anticipates guest needs and makes appropriate suggestions.
- Attend all meetings and trainings to gain knowledge of the
current menu, staff and guest expectations.
- Manages point of sale system, including credit card processing,
collecting money from guests, and ensuring that cash management is
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent or combination of school
- Serve Safe certification, TIPS, and allergen awareness is a
- 1 -2 years experience in the hospitality, restaurant, or retail
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the
ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects with superb
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to customer inquiries or
complaints. Ability to read, interpret, and follow documents such
as safety rules, safety data sheets, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to look for improved efficiencies.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous and well poised.
Work Schedule / Availability Requirements
- 2 4 years of experience in the hospitality, restaurant, or
- Bartending experience.
- Knowledge of the French Language (business proficiency)
- Familiarity with hotel operating systems and software.
- Experience with food production, educational programming,
social events, and internships and/or apprenticeships.
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours
required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling
responsibilities and meeting the Colleges needs. Although Unity
College employees are generally scheduled to work at their
specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is
necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend
events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any Unity College
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation
and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit eligible