The starting is $27,040 or $13.00/hr based on the
Classified Salary Scale, A11.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Under the guidance and direction of the Director and Leads, the
Custodian performs routine and special projects cleaning requests
for the campus facilities and special events held on campus.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are
not limited to:
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are
not limited to:
- Perform routine and specialized cleaning and dusting of
building facilities including classrooms, restrooms, laboratories,
offices, computer rooms, shops, and locker rooms. Sweep, scrub,
mop, strip, wax, and polish floors.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets. Dust and clean walls, blinds,
chalkboards, and “dry boards.”
- Clean restroom fixtures. Replenish restroom supplies.
- Clean doors, windows, and woodwork.
- Empty trash containers and take trash to dumpsters.
- Sweep and clean trash from outside building walkways.
- Clean glass outside of buildings using scaffolds, ladders, or
window cleaning tools.
- Assist in making minor repairs to buildings (e.g., changing
- Report building deficiencies to Custodial Leads. Cooperate with
faculty and students in moving furniture and equipment.
- Assist in set-ups for events and assemblies.
- Shifts may vary depending on need and may result in being
assigned a permanent shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- Ability to climb ladders
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry loads of 25 pounds
or more on a frequent basis and 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, days,
weekends, and holidays at supervisor discretion
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must have one (1) year of related work experience
- Knowledge of use and care of janitorial supplies and
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Must include a minimum of three (3) professional
on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7216
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.