This position can be based at either our Westminster Campus or our Larimer Campus and will include travel between campuses.
Who We Are
We are the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000 credit students annually in a diverse service area with broad cultural and recreational activities. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial American Association of Community Colleges Pathways Project, recently selected as a “Most Promising Place to Work” in Diverse Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. Our online learning program has twice been listed recently as one of the top 10 community college online programs in the country.
We have strong commitments to student success and to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that matches our student community. We are an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution and expect to reach HSI status by 2024 or 2025.
We have worked hard to create a culture of collaboration, innovation, and pride and seek people who share those values and our commitments to student success and equity.
Who You Are
As the Vice President of Finance and Administration, you serve as the senior financial officer for the college, leading all aspects of the college’s financial and business operations. You provide strategic direction, leadership and operational oversight for budgets and auxiliary services; campus security and preparedness; data science and institutional research; facilities planning and management; fiscal services; and information technology services. As a key advisor to the president and other college leaders, you provide fiscal and budget guidance on all key college initiatives, contributing significantly to key decisions on capital development, compensation policies, program review and development, and overall college strategy.
Please note: This is an on-campus position with an opportunity for hybrid remote work. You need to be a Colorado resident on your first day of employment.
SALARY: $140,000 to $150,000 annually
BENEFITS: Please click here to find more information about APT & Faculty Benefits
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of July 24, 2022. This posting may be used to fill multiple or similar roles.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. In your application please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Vice President, Finance & Administration.
At FRCC, masks are optional, but we allow individual staff and faculty to request students and colleagues wear masks in offices or in class.
- Shapes college strategy and policies by serving as an advisor to the President and active participant on the President's cabinet. Actively engages in planning all major college initiatives, ensuring that the college considers all financial, IT, and facilities implications of key decisions.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for departments of responsibility, ensuring that each department supports the college’s mission and vision for student success, has strong department-level leadership, and operates efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures that all departments of responsibility develop and implement strategic plans, objectives and priority initiatives.
- Ensures that all departments of responsibility provide excellent service to their customers including students, faculty, staff, guests and visitors.
People Management and Development:
- Supervises, coaches, mentors, and develops direct reports and division staff.
- Supports and develops a positive department culture that embraces quality, process efficiency, innovation, trust, equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Ensures that the college has an effective revenue and expense forecasting model that supports the long-term financial health of the college, and a budgeting process that fairly allocates college resources, maintains proper controls of expenditures, and provides managers with timely and useful information.
- Oversees all the fiscal affairs of the college, including ensuring accurate and complete accounting of all college financial transactions and compliance with federal, state, system and college fiscal policies. Ensures that all purchasing and contracts comply with federal, state, and system policies and statutes. Ensures the college has effective internal controls, including controls on cash handling, inventory, expenditure approvals and all related activities.
- Provides guidance and assistance to all college departments on general business operations and issues.
Department Leadership and Oversight:
- Manages the Information Technology Services department which develops and implements the college’s vision for the use of technology and ensures the effective and efficient provision of IT services.
- Oversees the college-wide campus security and preparedness department, which provides security services and emergency preparedness planning for all campuses and sites. Ensures that the college has effective emergency plans in place, develops and executes emergency training regularly, and has appropriate systems in place to prevent, mitigate and respond to emergencies.
- Coordinates long-term facilities planning and management of capital construction and controlled maintenance projects. Includes ensuring effective, strategic and thoughtful: long-term facilities planning processes; requests for state capital construction and controlled maintenance funds; architect, engineer and other vendor management; construction oversight and compliance with state buildings requirements; and oversight of all college leases.
- Supervises the data science and institutional research department which collects, analyzes, interprets, and disseminates accurate and timely information in support of institutional decision-making, planning, and reporting.
- Financial management and accounting principles, including internal controls: Ensures that all revenues and expenses of the college are appropriately accounted for, following all applicable laws and regulations.
- Budget development, monitoring, and planning: Oversees development and monitoring of the college’s annual budget
- Organizational leadership and strategic planning: Serve as the senior business officer for the college, providing review, feedback and guidance on all major expenditures, partnerships, and new programs
- Effective supervision of team leaders in multiple different departments: Hire, train, and mentor department directors; guide them in establishing and meeting key performance goals and responding to college needs.
- Analyze complex organizations and systems and to implement change: Regularly review operations of key departments and suggest changes to make the departments more efficient and/or effective.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, departments of the college, faculty, staff, students, and external entities: Lead and manage teams with over 150 total employees; engage regularly with staff throughout the college to advance strategic initiatives and solve problems
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing: Communicate critical fiscal and budget information with key constituencies at all levels of the college, including the President and other senior leaders.
- Equity and Inclusion: Regularly review policies, hiring practices, and other procedures to ensure that the Finance and Administration teams support the college’s equity and inclusion goals, including hiring and retaining a diverse staff that reflects the communities the college serves.
Required Education/Training & Work Experience:
- Master’s degree in public administration, business administration, or related field.
- Eight years of increasingly responsible professional business administration related experience that includes supervision of fiscal affairs or at least two of the other areas of responsibility for this position.
- Commitment to the college’s vision of providing an outstanding education to our students through high quality instruction and student support and operational excellence.
- Commitment to the college’s vision for equity and inclusion.
Preferred Education/Training & Work Experience:
- Previous experience working in the public sector.
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.