The Adjunct Faculty for Healthcare position shall have the primary
responsibility to play an active role in FMU's existing academic
success. This is an adjunct faculty position supporting the
Division of Arts and Sciences in maximizing the University’s
operating performance while achieving institutional goals and
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
- Be available to students before and after class for individual
- Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
- Faculty must develop curricula and must attend all adjunct
faculty meetings and orientation.
- To teach one or two courses during a designated semester, as
defined in the Faculty Handbook, according to the official
schedule, using an approved syllabus, which conforms with
- To keep students informed about their progress through the
prompt grading and returning of assignments.
- To maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including
- To assess student learning outcomes which conform with
University requirements, and to document the use of the results of
the assessment to improve student learning.
- To collect and submit data for assessment every semester, and
to meet with area faculty, as prescribed by the dean/chair, in the
preparation of the assessment reports.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Knowledge of healthcare industry regulatory practices, code of
ethics and standards.
- Clinical and/or non-clinical Healthcare
experience/skills/abilities appropriate for specific Healthcare
subject matter instruction.
- Ability and knowledge on how to pivot to an online/hybrid
- Demonstrated confirmation of teaching effectiveness,
exceptional oral and written communication skills, and evidence of,
and/or potential for scholarships.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- The position requires a master’s degree in a related field from
a regionally accredited institution and/or a minimum of 5 years of
experience in the healthcare field; an established record of
teaching and service in the discipline.
- Minimum of two years of instructional experience in higher
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS). A thorough
understanding of technology, learning management systems, and
computer applications is essential (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas,
Powercampus, Jenzabar, LinkedIn Learning).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and
understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity