The Office of Policy and Procedures has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager. Reporting to the AVP, the Program Manager coordinates the policy development process including amending, updating, and posting policy and procedures at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB). The selected candidate will coordinate stakeholder review, research related compliance requirements, ensure appropriate approvals, and the timely review and distribution of UMB policies. Strong communication is required for the effective performance of this role.
Benefits Information UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- Lead the approval process for UMB’s policy and procedure(s). Prepare, coordinate, and maintain program content and delivery methods for the daily operations and events within the Office of Policy and Procedures.
- Research best practices and trends in university policy and procedures, as well as staying abreast of regulatory requirements that may impact current policies and procedures.
- Serve as primary liaison to departments and schools regarding University wide policy and procedure.
- Monitor all databases and program applications related to the analysis and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Organize and/or participate in various committees and teams to consult with program heads and administrative officials on policy and program needs as well as various administrative issues.
- Coordinate the regular publication of summary reports and serve as an information resource to coworkers, the university, and external figure in consultation with the AVP for policy and procedures.
- Monitor changes in USM policy and procedures. Notify appropriate University leadership of changes and how it will impact key areas in consultation with the AVP for policy and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in government, public administration, or a related field preferred.
Experience: Four (4) years of program oversight including program planning, budget, and coordination. Two (2) to four (4) years of experience working in policy review, development and implementation or other appropriate field preferred.
Certification/Licensure: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possess knowledge of general policy and procedure construction, as well as the process flow associated with the implementation of policies.
- Possess a knowledge and understating of policies and practices of the operation of higher education entities.
- Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences.
- Ability to determine “best practice” and recommend changes to improve policy and procedures.
- Ability to establish goals, structures, and processes to implement policies.
- Skill in making effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information to identify root cause and scope stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to network and interact, as well as support effective partnerships with key groups and individuals.
- Ability to manage conflict, and work well with a diverse workforce.
The Hiring Range for this position is in the $80,000s, commensurate with education and experience.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.