SENIOR FINANCIAL AID COORDINATOR
Number of Vacancies:
Scope of Job:
To provide supervisory skills in the coordination of several
programs and activities in the day to day operation of the
University the Office of Student Financial Services. Responsible
for decision making processes requiring initiative and judgment in
responding to individual needs of students for administration of
one or more programs areas within the office of Student Financial
Services, and for the development of information and repost as
required by financial aid programs.
Description of Duties:
• Manages assigned student financial aid programs.
• Establishes, manages, and monitors standards of quality control
for financial aid programs.
• Resolves general and complex award issues.
• Maintains compliance of State, Federal and Institutional
• Reconciles financial aid program accounts with the Financial Aid
• Prepares and reviews reports and data for internal and external
reporting and perform statistical analysis.
• Manages federal, state and institutional fund allocations in the
awarding and disbursing process.
• Identifies program issues and challenges and works with
management to resolve them.
• Communicates with federal and state agencies, as well as current
and potential students regarding financial aid related
• Ensures accurate disbursement to financial aid recipients and
resolves unusual problems.
• Supervises employees in the administration of program(s) and
assumes role of Assistant Director in absence of management.
• Represents Office at meetings, seminars and/or conferences.
• Counsels students on financial aid questions and makes decisions
• Interprets and implements regulations set forth by federal and
• Plans, designs and conducts workshops and presentations for
students to ensure full utilization of financial aid funds.
• Serves as liaison between the office of Student Financial Aid and
other campus departments, as well as federal and state
• Resolves complex and controversial program issues to assist
management with decision making.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Three (3) years work experience in a closely related field to the
duties being performed.
Work experience in Financial Aid.
Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office products and ability to learn
other software programs.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual
Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills as well as
excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented. Ability to
multi-task, demonstrate computational ability and respond
effectively in a variety of situations and work effectively in team
situations. Some travel will be required as well as flexibility to
work evenings and/ or weekends.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights
act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non-discrimination in its education programs and activities,
including employment. We encourage women, minorities and
differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for
redacting any confidential information from the documents you
attach with your application. The confidential information includes
the following: *Date of Birth *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make
sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are
advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application
to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas
Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting
applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after
meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days. If you
have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu
detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/34570