ESL Student Services Coordinator
Student Services Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all ESL front-office operations, including
corresponding with customers, purchasing supplies, submitting work
order forms, scheduling classrooms, managing student workers, and
preparing and editing documents and reports.
- Coordinate the student services of the ESL program, including
conducting all-cash box operations for the IEP, AUM IELTS Test
Center, and TOEFL testing, processing student health insurance,
administering placement testing, advising students, and responding
to local and international inquiries.
- Coordinate and be present for all extra-curricular
acculturation events, including the planning, scheduling,
marketing, and oversight of ESL retention activities.
- Collaborate with other university offices to ensure ESL
students are engaged in campus life.
- Maintain ESL records and data, including data collection and
input, administering program evaluations, maintaining student
records, and producing reports as needed.
- Assist and advise students regarding the TOEFL test, and
coordinate, advertise and administer the TOEFL test in accordance
with policies and procedures.
- Assist the Associate Director of ESL and OGI Director or
designated representative with the oversight of policies,
regulations, and procedures.
- Recruit, train (or arrange training), monitor
certification/recertification, and oversee all IELTS administrative
and test day staff, including IELTS Examiners, Clerical Markers,
Invigilators, and student workers in compliance with IELTS USA and
AUM operating policies and procedures
- Respond to all inquiries professionally, courteously, and
within the established timeline
- Maintain accurate records of all IELTS test and staff materials
in compliance with IELTS USA and AUM operating policies and
- Secure, order, return, and destroy test materials and other
data in accordance with IELTS USA and AUM operating policies and
- Conduct timekeeping procedures for all IELTS administrative and
test day staff, including collecting, submitting, and/or processing
timesheets and logs in accordance with the established timeline and
all other necessary administrative tasks associated with the AUM
IELTS Center’s timekeeping operations
- Assist Associate Director of ESL in IELTS pre-test and
- Assist Associate Director of ESL in conducting regular internal
audits to ensure the AUM IELTS Testing Center remains audit-ready
and work with external auditors to ensure the AUM IELTS Testing
Center is in strict compliance with globally consistent testing
procedures and IELTS USA policies and regulations, as well as AUM
operating policies and procedures
- Coordinate and conduct all administrative operations of the AUM
IELTS Test Center in compliance with IELTS USA and AUM operating
policies and procedures (this includes weekend work of at least two
Saturdays per month)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of operational processes of an ESL program
- Knowledge of English grammar
- Knowledge of technology used in classroom and academic office
- Knowledge of world cultures and customs
- Knowledge of IELTS and TOEFL testing procedures
- Knowledge of Banner Student and Student Manager functions and
- Skill at making written and oral presentations
- Ability to effectively handle multiple competing
- Ability to interact with individuals from varying cultures and
- Ability to use standard business software
- Ability to assess student progress and goals and advise
- Ability to process, review, and evaluate student documents
- Ability to plan effectively
Bachelor’s in TESOL, Business, English, or a related field is
required. Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in an
adult English language program in a collegiate environment is
required. Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with an
IELTS Testing Center is desirable.
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once
interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at
Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just
take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the
best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report
recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South
for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public
institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and
security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees
at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty
to immediately report information that has the potential to
adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Auburn University at Montgomery is committed to keeping its
campus community safe and will follow applicable local, state and
federal guidelines and regulations regarding COVID -19 policies and
Position Profile Link
Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in TESOL, Business, English,
or a related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of two (2) years experience working in
an adult English language program in a collegiate environment?
- * Describe your proficiency in Banner Student and Student
Manager functions and operations.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience working in an adult English language
program in a collegiate environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience working with an IELTS Test
(Open Ended Question)