AST VP, University Relations
The Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing invites
applications for the position of Assistant Vice President for
Marketing. The next AVP for Marketing will be an ambassador for UF
and will use their in-depth knowledge and experience in brand
strategy, marketing, advertising, digital media, social media, and
creative outreach approaches to innovate and advance a distinctive
and strengthened organizational brand. They will have the chance to
advance UF’s marketing organization as a national leader.
The successful applicant for this position will report to the Vice
President of Strategic Communications and Marketing and work
collaboratively with the AVP for Communications. Together, these
leaders will elevate UF’s stature and positively position the
university as a leader in higher education, nationally and
The Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing
- Lead an effective team of professionals with strength in brand
and positioning strategy, web and digital platforms, social media,
creative and photography services, market research and internal
engagement and advocacy.
- Lead the development of a campus community-engaged brand and
positioning planning process and strategy development.
- Advance an integrated marketing communications plan to broaden
awareness of the university’s academic and research prowess and
drive engagement across key stakeholder audiences.
- Manage UF’s brand and standards to ensure a consistent and
- Manage external marketing communications agencies.
- Identify opportunities for market research and track
performance of marketing strategies for effectiveness and return on
- Lead digital and social media platforms.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives across campus to ensure
consistency in a decentralized structure. Collaborate with deans
and campus communicators in support of UF’s strategic
- Serve as a trusted resource to deans, directors and campus
communicators for expert advice, training and best practices.
We are a talented team of integrated communications professionals,
media relations experts, content creators, designers, videographers
and social media strategists. It is our mission to protect and
advance the reputation of UF and to enrich the value and impact of
the university by unifying its voice. We cultivate faculty
engagement in communications efforts, build strong collaboration
with college and unit leaders and communicators to support them in
the roles, and effectively advance the university’s reputation
locally, nationally and internationally.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The
University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race,
creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin,
political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and
veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment,
hiring, promotion, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and
salary administration, benefits, and training.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a
generous benefit and leave package.
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six
years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an
appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate
- Demonstrated record of progressive leadership roles in higher
education or related non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience successfully leveraging various media platforms to
advance institutional priorities and messaging
- Demonstrated record of creating innovative marketing strategies
in support of institutional goals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver high-quality
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing market research and
identifying new trends and opportunities
- Strong track record of managing external agencies
- Experience creating and managing key performance indicators for
marketing strategies to evaluate effectiveness and return on
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to work
effectively in a multi-cultural, team environment
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Advanced degree preferred
- Eight years of management experience in a highly complex,
- Keen understanding of the issues and challenges facing higher
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing requires
applicants to submit an online application with the following
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and
explaining the applicant's interest in this role
- Resume or CV
- List of at least three professional references with contact
Formal review of applications will begin immediately and will
continue until a viable applicant pool is established.
Questions related to the application process may be directed to
Devan Brown, UFHR Strategic Talent Group, email@example.com
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: