About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
The Distance Education Assistant Dean of Graduate Enrollment
assists the Executive Director of Enrollment Management in the
oversight, design, delivery, and quality of student recruitment,
onboarding, student support, stopout and completion initiatives for
all Distance Education (DE) graduate students. This is a revenue
generating position focused on the full student life cycle from
recruitment to completion. In addition, the Assistant Dean of
Graduate Enrollment is responsible for supervising New Student
Enrollment Specialists/Concierges and Advisors, ensuring that term
and yearly individual and team goals are being met for recruitment
and retention. The Assistant Dean of Graduate Enrollment will also
assist in ensuring that services are accessible, consistent,
innovative, and supportive of all Distance Education audiences.
This position reports to the Distance Education Executive Director
of Enrollment Management.
- Responsible for direction and supervision of Distance Education
New Student Enrollment Specialists/Concierges to provide student
recruitment services including lead generation, lead nurturing,
communication flow, unofficial transcript evaluation; and creating
a seamless handoff to advisors after matriculation; and of Advisors
to provide student support services that ensure student persistence
until graduation or completion.
- Conduct performance evaluations on members of the team as
- Ensure that standardized practices for student enrollment are
- Mentor, and train all DE New Student Enrollment
Specialists/Concierges and Advisors, monitor their student
interactions for maximum student support, and ensure appropriate
trainings, continuous improvement and professional
- Maintain appropriate records on all recruitment and retention
activities as needed to the Executive Director of Enrollment
Management and other DE leadership.
- Responsible for meeting Distance Education recruitment goals
and measuring performance outcomes for individual New Student
Enrollment Specialists/Concierges and Advisors.
- Full life cycle management of a pool of applicants: proactive
and holistic student contact and conversion throughout the inquiry,
application, and associated processes using the Unity College
established Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) database and
maintaining records in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Serve as primary information provider for students about the
graduate admission process, including information about financial
aid, billing, academics and academic support.
- Build and maintain necessary relationships with prospective
students and other influencers.
- Review student applications and appeals for admission decisions
for designated online programs based on agreed upon
- Utilize multiple means for communicating, i.e. texting, phone
calls, emails, traditional mail, and be comfortable using effective
technology to aid in the recruitment process.
- Become knowledgeable and articulate about Unity College
Distance Education, its programs, market niche, strategies and
- Understand how to work with place bound, and adult
- Maintain student onboarding, orientation, student services and
student support materials. Assist in creating structures for
student academic support and design academic support systems
including tutoring, counseling, and professional skills.
- Coordinate with marketing and DE leadership to create and
implement aggressive outreach strategy, drip campaigns, and
application materials for Distance Education graduate
- Gather course enrollment information to support course delivery
assessment, graduation processes, and alumni connections.
- Direct advising, degree audit, and student academic planning
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree
- Two years of experience in college admissions recruiting/sales
and advising preferred; ideally experience in online programs.
- Valid Maine Drivers License with a good driving record.
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills with ability to
work both autonomously and in a team.
- Great time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse
political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of physical
and academic abilities.
- Good skills in word processing, spreadsheets and computerized
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous and well poised.
- Masters degree
- Five years higher education administration experience, with
experience in recruiting and/or delivering student support
services, including direct online student support.
Leadership and/or supervisory experience.
Work Schedule / Availability Requirements
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours
required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling
responsibilities and meeting the Colleges needs. Although Unity
College employees are generally scheduled to work at their
specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is
necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend
events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any Unity College
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity College Headquarters, Unity
College Distance Education, The Technical School for Environmental
Professions (opening in 2022), and the School of Environmental
Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at the Pineland Farms
campus. The facilities are within easy access to one of the
fastest-growing cities for startups in the country.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation
and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
At Unity College, we dont just accept difference we
celebrate it, we support it,
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit eligible
and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our students,
and our community.
Unity College is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer.