Salary for Announcement
The salary range is $45,300 –$57,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Head Athletic Trainer
Full Time Professional Staff
The Head Athletic Trainer will report to the Assistant Director of
Athletics for Sports Performance and is responsible for oversight
of the Athletics Training program, as well as for ensuring the
overall mental, physical, and emotional health and wellness of a
diverse population of student-athletes at MSU Denver. This position
will also be responsible for the mentorship and supervision of the
athletic training staff.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity
• Provide oversight and management of the overall operation of the
Athletic Training Room including the athletics training staff
• Manage the operating budget for all areas of Athletic
• Ensure the overall physical, psychological, and emotional
well-being of student-athletes by providing high quality
preventative and rehabilitative care consistent with National
Athletics’ Trainers Association ( NATA ) and NCAA Sports Science
Institute best practices.
• Serve as primary liaison with Auraria Campus Health Center and
other off-campus health care providers to develop innovative
strategies to serve the student-athletes.
• Develop partnerships to provide education to student-athletes,
coaches, and administration which focus on the overall health and
wellness of the student-athlete population.
• Act as Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Faculty to allow
Sports Medicine Fellow/Residents on sidelines of
• Work in collaboration with Auraria Campus Health Center, Faculty
Athletic Representative, and student services staff to administer
the concussion management protocol.
• Work in collaboration with student services staff, Auraria Campus
Health Center, CARE Team and other appropriate offices to provide
support and referrals for student-athletes in need of mental and
emotional health services.
• Serve as Head Athletic Trainer and provide direct support to
designated sport programs.
• Manage prevention, treatment and care of injuries of student
• Provide practice and game coverage which includes some travel
• Responsible for maintaining accurate student-athlete medical
records, as well as ensuring. confidentiality of student-athlete
injuries and other sensitive issues consistent with HIPPA .
• Collaborate with the Department of Human Performance and Sport to
administer the athletic training curriculum.
• Act as site coordinator for NCAA Drug Testing.
• Educate student-athletes, athletics staff and coaches on NCAA
Sports Science Institute and NATA Best Practices and Position
Statements of NATA .
• Maintain good standing with NATA and remain up-to-date with
continuing education requirements.
• Recommend new techniques and equipment to best meet needs of the
• Serve as NCAA Athletics Healthcare Administrator for the
• Perform duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
• Master’s degree.
• NATA - BOC certification.
• Three years athletic training experience at the
• Five years of experience working with intercollegiate athletics
as a certified athletics trainer.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system,
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and
MSU Denver is committed to creating and fostering a work
environment and culture of belonging; we are proud of the work our
employee affinity groups contribute to our culture. For more
information on our employee affinity groups please visit this