The Assistant Director of Financial Aid will perform a variety of
services related to the Direct Loan Program, meeting with students
and families, and assisting the Director in day to day
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- The Assistant Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the
Federal Direct Loan Program, managing all Title IV funds across
campus including ESR and graduate programs.
- Certifies and maintains all outside loan records
- Assists the director in packaging of all returning and new
- Completes setup and awarding for all of Earlhams graduate level
- Assists the Director with aid year set up and software
- Works directly with students, staff, and faculty.
- Works closely with student accounts, advising students about
balances and how to pay for them.
- Participates in enrollment confirmation and financial aid
presentations on campus as needed
- Meets and advises prospective students, returning students, and
- A Bachelors degree is required, although a combination of
education and experience will be considered
- A minimum of 5 years in an office setting with a record of
Excellent written, oral and people skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Word
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner and Technolutions Slate
- Ability to multitask
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Punctuality and reliability
- Increased responsibility
Please submit the following application materials through the
Earlham Careers Portal
- Cover letter
- Statement on Diversity: a 300 - 500 word statement on how your
values and leadership center on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
(DEI) in your work
- Contact information for three references
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue
until the position is filled.
Earlham College requires all employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19 or apply for and receive a qualified exemption within two
weeks of the employment start date.
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of
society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports
individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized
because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and
physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from
women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker
identity, the College also solicits applications from members of
the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham’s Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify
to confirm employment eligibility for all
newly hired employees within the United States.