Assistant Director of Residence Life for Housing Operations
- Earlham College
- Indiana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jul 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Deans, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs, Residence Life, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Earlham College is a Top 100 National Liberal Arts College located in Richmond, IN, a small city that's just a short drive away from several major metropolitan areas including Dayton, Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Chicago.
Richmond and Earlham have a symbiotic relationship. Through research, studies, internships and volunteering, Earlhamites offer Richmond expertise and service as Richmond offers our students the chance to gain valuable, real-world experience. Our community assumes no religious affiliation but follows Quaker principles and practices, which include respect for persons, integrity, a commitment to peace and justice, simplicity, and consensus-based community decision-making. Earlham is committed to and proud of being a diverse and inclusive place most clearly visible in our student body: 20% of our student body are international, coming from 60+ nations in 2022, and 24% are domestic students of color. Faculty and staff also bring tremendous diversity to the College; many have lived and worked outside the United States, and they make a point of drawing on those experiences in their interactions with students. Additionally, Earlham makes it a priority to serve as a safe and welcoming place for LGBTQ+ communities and has a four-star rating on the Campus Pride Index. Our community is characterized by respect for every person and a commitment to social justice. Equity and inclusion are central to Earlham's institutional priorities and our leadership is committed to widening the path to an Earlham education.
Earlham College is seeking an Assistant Director to join our Residence Life for Housing Operations team!
Earlham College seeks an innovative administrator to provide direction, supervision, and management as part of the Office of Residence Life's leadership team. We seek a welcoming individual to collaborate with campus constituents to provide oversight of housing operations supporting a dynamic residence education program.
Compensation includes a furnished two-bedroom apartment in a residence hall or a campus apartment complex, full college benefits, a partial meal plan, unlimited laundry, and reserved parking. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
The Assistant Director of Residence Life has overall operational responsibility for a comprehensive residential life program of approximately 800-1000 student beds and facility management of eight residence halls, an apartment complex, and about a dozen houses central to a progressive, residential liberal arts college.
The primary functions of this role include work within the following domains:
- Community Development, Leadership, & Role-Modeling
- Administrative & Operational Tasks
- Facilities Management
- Student Engagement & Programming
- Student Staff Supervision & Development
- Crisis Management & On-Call Response
- Student Conduct & Well-Being
- Serve as the primary system administrator for Earlham College's housing management system – Odyssey HMS/ResCenter, which includes billing of room and meal charges.
- Manage all room selection and housing assignment processes.
- Enforce housing policies on occupancy, eligibility for housing, refund policies, and living in community in accordance with Earlham's Principles and Practices.
- Assist with the training and ongoing development of three full-time Area Directors as needed and, by extension, approximately 45 student staff members as directed.
- Responsible for regular communications, including updates to College webpages, and prepares and distributes documentation of housing processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates an active commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion while assisting with student retention initiatives that work to improve the student experience at Earlham.
- Gives direct support for college-wide crisis intervention and conflict management. An example includes serving as part of the on-call response team.
- A more comprehensive list of responsibilities is available upon request.
- Additional duties as assigned
- A graduate degree in student personnel, higher education, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience of full-time professional experience in Residence Life.
- Preference will also be given to those with experience in student affairs assessment.
- Experience using BANNER or another comparable student information systems database is required.
- A valid driver's license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates should clearly understand the role of residence life at a private liberal arts college.
- Experience using CBORD's Odyssey HMS/ResCenter is preferred.
- Experience using Maxient case management software is preferred.
- Be a positive example and resource to all Earlham Students
- Please submit the following application materials through our Earlham Careers Portal
- Cover letter - Please address your thinking and experience with matters of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as it relates and specifically pertains to this position.
- List of Three References with Contact Information
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker identity, the College also solicits applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham's Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert