One Postdoctoral position is available at Khalifa University, U.A.E., starting from July 1st 2022 (3.5 years project).
Required Education: PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Strong knowledge in power systems operation, dynamics, and control.
- Experience in microgrids system analysis, modeling, simulation, and control.
- Strong knowledge in optimization algorithms and/or control strategies.
- Strong knowledge renewable energy integration.
The proposed project targets the development of virtual synchronous solutions for the weak grid with stability assessment framework and system strength provision intending to meet industry regulatory guidelines for grid integration studies. Detailed objectives are as follows:
- Designing grid synchronization algorithm using feed-forward voltage technique;
- Developing virtual synchronous generator control schemes integrated with grid synchronization for interactive operation;
- Creating integrated system strength provision and stability assessment framework;
- Developing stability analysis considering detailed virtual synchronous generator control schemes;
- Building hardware-in-loop co-simulation and testing facility for weak grid integration.
- Support MSc and PhD students working on the project.
- Support in writing project reports, research articles, proposals, and presenting research achievements at conferences/seminars as well as filing possible patent applications out of the project results.
The PDF will have the chance to join an esteemed group of researchers and utilize state-of-the-art facilities in the Energy Systems Control & Optimization (ESCO) Lab at Khalifa University.
Interested Candidates with a strong publication record can send their CVs to Dr. Ahmed Al Durra firstname.lastname@example.org.