University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which
encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women,
Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice
of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Information Technologies at the University of Delaware (www.it.udel.edu
) provides the IT
infrastructure, central IT systems and applications, and IT
services for University of Delaware teaching, learning, research,
administrative, and outreach activities. The IT organization
comprises these eight units: Academic Technology Services, Client
Services and Support, Enterprise Systems & Cloud Services,
Information Security, Network and Infrastructure Services, Research
Cyberinfrastructure, Strategic Operations, and University Media
- Provides administrative support for the Senior Directors for
UDIT; herein also referred to as Department. Performs a broad range
of administrative details of highly confidential nature on a
regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make
independent decisions. Observes and maintains confidentiality of
all privileged information. Prioritizes and resolves administrative
problems and personnel issues. Implements and monitors
administrative policies and procedures within the unit.
- Maintains complex calendar(s). Coordinates Deputy CIO, CISO,
and Directors' meetings, events and travel arrangements; prepares
itineraries and supporting materials. Prepares meeting agendas.
Receives and screens incoming calls and correspondence.
- Prepares, edits and distributes a variety of highly
confidential, specialized, and recurrent reports and correspondence
- Serves as liaison between Deputy CIO, CISO and Directors and
various internal and external constituencies. Responds to various
staff and client inquiries - and ensures compliance to departmental
and UD policies including but not limited to HR, employee benefits,
payroll, financial, safety, travel, EHS, Facilities.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates IT events, receptions,
workshops, seminars, and retreats.
- Establishes and maintains office files, inventories, and
records. Implements and maintains a data management system as
- Procures office supplies as well as computer hardware and
software in accordance with requirements for staff use.
Human Resources Support
- Acts as PROcard administrator for the Department. Reconciles
on-line credit card transactions and monthly bank statements for
all card-holders. Obtains supporting documentation, maintains files
according to UD policy. Allocates internal and inter-departmental
charges. Addresses issues regarding card maintenance and vendor
- Facilitates payroll for misc. wage and student
- Supports recruitment efforts via scheduling in coordination
with IT HR Generalist.
- Acts as HR Liaison responsible for Departmental HR functions.
Works closely with Directors and IT HR Director regarding
confidential personnel issues.
- Supports full-time staff recruitments and oversees new hire
processes for student hourly and miscellaneous wage employees.
This Administrative Assistant III position also acts as a backup
to the Assistant to the Vice President of Information
- Performs confidential, urgent and/or important administrative
duties as required. Observes and maintains confidentiality of all
- Participates in staff development and training sessions and
attends meetings as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships
with colleagues and clients and follows University and department
policies and procedures governing IT efforts. Works within the
department's overall strategic plan following project priorities
and scope. Meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
- High school diploma or GED, Associate's degree preferred, and
three to five years of progressively responsible experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, to make independent
decisions and judgments in keeping with the level of the
- Strong computer skills. Ability to use advanced techniques in
word processing, spreadsheet, database applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational
skills, and interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prepare reports with mathematical accuracy to
reconcile financial issues.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, handle and
prioritize multiple assignments, be highly organized and meet
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all
ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to represent IT to a wide variety of personnel in an
effective and professional manner.
- Experience with and good operational knowledge of the HR and
Financial PeopleSoft Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the
differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying
identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where
diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment,
educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and
scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the
Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act
of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and
University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits
unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual