Suffolk University is excited to announce a new career opportunity
as the Change Management and Training Lead! Suffolk is implementing
a new module: Workday Student. This is an opportunity to play an
important role in change management and training as we positively
impact the Suffolk community. A hybrid work arrangement will be
offered to the final candidate. Suffolk also offers free tuition
for employees and 50% for spouses! Free tuition for dependent
children is also a benefit. This is a great way to pursue a
Master's degree in one of the many graduate degree programs Suffolk
offers. This is also a great way to pay for your dependent child to
attend Suffolk for free to benefit from working at Suffolk! Law
school tuition benefit is available as well. For more information,
please visit www.suffolk.edu.
This new role contributes to developing and leading the day-to-day
execution of change management plans and training associated with
the Workday Student implementation, a complex multi-year initiative
to replace Suffolk University's core student information systems.
Primary focus areas include creation, oversight, and management of
the overall change management strategy and plan in conjunction with
the Academic Engagement Lead and Communication & Campus
Engagement Lead. In addition, this position will lead the
development and delivery of all training and training materials.
Finally, the Change Management and Training Lead will work closely
with the change management team members and supervise the work of
the Change Management Analyst role.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and Planning:
• Create the overall change management strategy and plan.
• Assist with stakeholder identification and outreach.
• Change network strategy and design.
• Understand all scoping and design decisions and the impact on
change management, communications plan, and training
• Participate and contribute content for project awareness:
roadshows, faculty meetings, change network meetings, and campus
• Identify and elevate risks and other issues that may impact
• Work with project directors, project managers, project leads, and
others to identify and mitigate risks associated with the
• Review and support the development of all communication materials
and coordinate all communication activities.
• Develop a comprehensive communication strategy and plan in
conjunction with the Academic Engagement Lead and Communication
& Campus Engagement Lead.
• Work with project team, project managers, and other change
management team members to ensure project communications strategy
is successfully executed along with each milestone.
• Build messaging content to be used in roadshows, faculty
meetings, WEN meetings, and campus engagement
• Establish and communicate guiding principles for the project
personnel in conjunction with the Academic Engagement Lead and
Communication & Campus Engagement Lead.
• Implement change management plans to achieve desired university
readiness for system implementation.
• Working with project managers, ensuring that plans are integrated
with and aligned with the overall project plan, appropriate
resources are assigned, and project people readiness milestones are
• Work closely with the functional leads and subject matter experts
to identify, document, and analyze detailed current and future
state information about processes, policies, and system design
• Understand the significance of identified changes, including
intended or unintended impacts on individuals, schools, units, and
the university. Use this information to design readiness,
communications, and training activities and assessments.
• Possess knowledge of business processes and identify the impact
changes will have on communications, training, change management
• Monitor the implementation of change management to minimize the
disruption of normal business operations.
• Act as a change agent to implement and manage best
• Ensure project communications and change activities are
well-timed, clear and consistent with the Communications Plan and
overall project branding strategy.
• Ensure collaboration and coordination across functional
• Lead and deliver end-user training. • Define end-user audience
and training curriculum.
• Draft quick reference guides, training presentations, and
• Ensure all training content is vetted and approved by functional
• Conduct end-user material pilots.
• Ensure training logistics are planned for and executed:
scheduling, registration, rooms, etc.
• Store and maintain training materials electronically.
Proven ability to lead a successful change management
Working knowledge of Workday Student or other Workday modules is
highly desirable but not required
Experience developing training materials, job aids, and other
collateral to ensure a successful learning experience and
Ability to work successfully as part of a team
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Design and technical skills to produce training materials
A self-starter with the ability to organize projects and work as
well as meet deadlines