Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
TEMP Video Operations Assistant
The Providence College Athletics Department is seeking a part-time
Temporary Video Operations Assistant to help film content for the
men’s and women’s hockey teams for the entire 2022-2023 season in
compliance with College and NCAA policies and procedures.
This position will start in the Summer of 2022, and end on or
around May 15, 2023.
- Working with Sports Information to create video package ideas
for game broadcasts that are relevant to the program and
interesting to viewers;
- Working with Video Graduate Assistant’s to set up, film, and
edit packages to meet deadlines of games;
- Filming content during games and practices that are relevant to
- Working in the production room during game broadcasts as either
director, replay or graphics.
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in video production and
advanced media experience required.
- Technical skills include handling of cameras, lighting and
- Knowledge, skill and experience with Adobe creative suite.
- Knowledge and experience with Tricaster and live
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction;
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a
- Communication skills using the spoken word;
- Ability to see within normal parameters;
- Ability to hear within normal range;
- Ability to move about.
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnicorigin, sex, gender, except
where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual
orientation,gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran
status, or genetic information. The College will develop,and from
time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist
on a good-faith effort on thepart of its employees to comply with
the program. The College will request and expect its agents
andthose with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment
of this important program.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- * We require all employees to be vaccinated. Are you vaccinated
or have a *valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a
COVID-19 vaccine? Applicants requesting an exemption, must complete
a Providence College request form. Exemptions are not guaranteed
approval. Completion of exemption/vaccination process must be
finalized prior to start date.
- Will request exemption
- Cover Letter