Faulkner University's College of Health Sciences is seeking qualified individuals who desire to join a collaborative team of health care educators to develop and train physician assistant students in a Christ-centered environment. Candidates will be responsible for teaching in the Physician Assistant Master's Degree program. Duties include teaching graduate courses, assessing student performance, advising students, overseeing student research, serving on committees and admission processes, and providing support for the responsibilities of the program and college. Faulkner University is a Christian university affiliated with the churches of Christ.
Full-time, 12 month positions; contracts will vary based on needs of department and qualifications of candidate. Positions begin May 9, 2022.
Faculty rank, tenure status, and salary will be commensurate with academic qualifications, teaching experience, and research.
- Physician Assistant with a master's degree required, a current NCCPA certification and
eligibility for licensure in Alabama; OR
- Will consider a Certified Nurse Practitioner or MSN with current certification and eligibility for licensure in Alabama with experience in graduate level teaching; OR
- Will consider a Physician with current eligibility or unrestricted license as an allopathic or osteopathic physician in Alabama, certified by an ABMS or AOA approved specialty board
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience preferred
- Active member of the church of Christ preferred