PT- Adjunct- Accounting
Harold Washington College
Harold Washington College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty
to teach Accounting during the Fall 2022 semester. If you have
passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission
of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal
candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by
developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet
students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities, and promote collaboration and
teamwork among members of these communities.
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or a Master's of Business
Administration with 18 graduate credits in accounting,
- Current Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification,
- Knowledge of Blackboard Learning Management System,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students require
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago
- Cover letter
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Transcript (Official transcripts must be provided if
- A statement of your teaching philosophy; and
- Professional letters of recommendation