ASSOCIATE DEAN OF INSTRUCTION FULL-TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Kennedy King College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks an
Associate Dean of Instruction to provide academic leadership,, and
management oversight of academic and instructional faculty. This
position ensures quality instruction and assists in the enhancement
and continuous improvement of educational programs by evaluating
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates full-time and part-time faculty to ensure continuity
of quality classroom instruction. Recommends enhancement, retention
or non-retention. Provides written and verbal feedback on
instructional quality according to Board/Union Collective
- Coordinates and directs the evaluation, review, and
implementation of innovative curriculum additions and revisions.
Reviews course outlines and syllabi and offers feedback and
- Assists the VP and Dean of Instruction in the tenure and
- Assists with comprehensive orientation programs for full-time
and part-time faculty.
- Works with the Office of Research to plan and conduct
- Represents the college to community organizations and agencies
and participates on districtwide committees.
- Serves as weekend and/or evening administrator for the
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Direct Supervision: Clerical Support Staff: Professional
- Indirect Supervision: Full-time Faculty: Part-time Faculty
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City College of
- Completion of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or
- Minimum of two (2) years in leadership position in higher
- Training, participation and/or knowledge of higher education
accreditation procedures, articulation process, assessment and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in
one’s work experience.
- Experience in union setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that
fosters student success.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technologically integrated
environment that fosters innovation within a learning
- Demonstrated ability to resolve student complaints and
recommend appropriate procedures for resolution. Preferred/
- Experience working in a community college and instructional
experience are highly preferred.
- Experience organizing or serving as a part of a self-study
process (credit or occupational) are highly desirable.
- Experience with writing measurable student learning outcomes,
creating appropriate syllabi, and participating in course- and