Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing Analytics, the Digital Marketing Specialist will support digital marketing campaigns for Saint Joseph University’s brand, as well as graduate, undergraduate and transfer enrollment marketing efforts.
The Specialist will have a deep understanding of digital marketing best practices and apply this skill set to build and strengthen SJU’s brand awareness and drive enrollment leads in regional and select national markets. S/he/They will advise on planning and reporting for email nurture campaigns, digital advertising, SEM, social, and marketing landing pages, ensuring these efforts are integrated and aligned with brand-building and enrollment strategies. The Specialist will also project manage digital marketing projects, as assigned by marketing leadership, utilizing the division’s project management system, Workfront.
This role requires an individual who is well-organized, solutions-oriented and a self-starter. S/he/They must excel at building trust and relationships with colleagues, and be proactive and nimble as projects evolve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Directors of Marketing and Associate Director of Marketing Analytics in developing email marketing campaigns in Slate, including designing workflows, building journeys and setting standards for measurement and reporting.
- Pull and share out performance metrics and audience behavioral data to help inform marketing and enrollment strategies; assist the marketing department in setting benchmarks for campaigns.
- Collaborate with the media buying agency of record and SEO vendors to ensure both paid and organic search tactics are aligned and efficient, working hard to build brand awareness and drive traffic to marketing landing pages and inquiry forms.
- Work closely with colleagues in marketing, creative and content to inform and create effective, audience-driven digital marketing creative including video, paid social posts, and display ads.
- Work closely with colleagues in web and IT to build marketing landing pages and create vanity URLs as needed. Track and report on their performance to marketing, admissions and school/college partners.
- Identify and recommend new and creative digital marketing tactics, trends, and A/B testing scenarios with marketing colleagues.
- Collaborate with the social media specialist to ensure that paid social strategies align with SJU’s main channel strategies.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end student experience across multiple channels and student touch points.
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels.
- Identify target audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Prepare scheduled University-wide reports and a real-time dashboard linking enrollment trends and web activity with media expenditures and relevant marketing funnel activities.
- Track and evaluate the success of marketing efforts using Google Analytics and other measurement tools.
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
The position may require long periods spent in front of a computer. In addition, weekend and after hours work may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or marketing analytics.
- 1-3 years of experience in digital marketing, SEO/SEM, email, social media and/or display advertising.
- Working knowledge of paid media strategies; advertising processes; ad development; and
- digital marketing fundamentals (e.g., lead generation form creation and ad tracking and reporting)
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Working knowledge of HTML, Drupal, Slate, Google Ad Studio
- Google Analytics Certification
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of application/interest and resume. For a complete description of position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/19238.
Saint Joseph's University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to that mission. Saint Joseph's is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.