Open Until Filled
Associate Director Engagement Events
Department this Position Reports to
Medical & Healthcare Advancement
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
21 Lafayette St Lebanon, NH
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
With direction from the Director of Engagement Events, the
Associate Director plans, and manages a portfolio of digital,
hybrid and in-person events for Medical & Healthcare
Advancement that strengthen donor and alumni engagement and advance
philanthropic efforts for Dartmouth Health and the Geisel School of
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
· Five years of relevant experience in strategic events planning
· Three years in a healthcare, higher education, and/or a
non-profit fundraising environment.
· Demonstrated success working in a large and/or complex
organization requiring collaboration with multiple partners and
· Excellent project management and organizational skills, with
proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in
a fast-paced work environment.
· Highly collaborative work style with demonstrated ability to lead
· Strong data management skills.
· Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or comparable CRM software.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to
professionally represent Geisel and Dartmouth Health.
· Proven ability to collaborate effectively with others.
· Calm under pressure, with demonstrated judgement and problem
· Ability to work evenings and weekends to staff events.
· Ability to lift and carry event supplies.
· Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with
· Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse
· Seven years of relevant experience in strategic events planning
· Five years in an academic medicine, healthcare, or higher
· Demonstrated experience managing event budgets, establishing and
evaluating event metrics, and staff management.
· Experience working with senior leaders and their staffs.
· Experience working with graphic design and communications
· Direct experience with BlackBaud Raiser’s Edge and Advance.
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or
remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against
COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from
vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and
Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy
details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of
employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment may result
in Dartmouth in its sole discretion delaying your start date or
rescinding its offer of employment.
Program Planning, Management and Operations
· Informed by institutional goals and fundraising priorities,
supports the planning and execution of the Medical & Healthcare
Advancement events strategy and planning to strengthen engagement
of donor and alumni audiences, advance cultivation and stewardship,
and inspire giving to Dartmouth Health and Geisel.
· Directs the logistical planning, execution, evaluation, and
follow-up for a large portfolio of engagement events, ensuring a
level of professionalism and quality that enhances the reputation
of Geisel and Dartmouth Health among constituents.
· Negotiates contracts with vendors and venues, coordinating with
the Procurement office as needed.
· Participates in and implements ways to improve established best
practices for event planning and execution.
· Monitors trends and best practices in engagement events and
activities in order to capitalize on the value of this type of
programming as part of broader engagement strategy.
· Communicates and collaborates with a range of working groups to
accomplish program goals.
· Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with
institutional leaders and their staff.
· Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with
events colleagues across the College, its professional schools, and
· Works with College partners to ensure engagement of Geisel
audiences at College events and to engage Dartmouth alumni in
health professions in Geisel events.
· Collaborates with internal colleagues in communicating the
developed strategy and target audience for proposed events, and in
defining measures of success.
· Monitors and tracks individual event budgets, taking corrective
action as needed in consultation with the Director.
· Ensures accurate record-keeping and timely reconciliation of
event-related expenses and data.
· Works with event stakeholders, communications colleagues, and
presenters to develop program content to meet event
· Collaborates with Development Communications colleagues to ensure
event messaging, visual design, and collateral support event
objectives and are appropriate for target audiences.
· Manages the development of invitation lists in accordance with
event strategies and target audiences. Ensures accurate tracking of
RSVPs, onsite guest registration, and entry of event and
participant data in Raiser’s Edge.
· Ensures the timely preparation of leadership event
· Oversees logistics of the attendee experience, including
invitations, on site staffing, parking, signage, catering, décor,
music, lighting, and A/V.
· Responsible for on-site management of events, overseeing vendors
and staff to ensure smooth and professional execution, responding
quickly and effectively to unanticipated needs or problems.
· Executes post-event communications to include evaluation to
assess success in meeting event goals and to inform future event
· Evaluates event venues and vendors (caterers, rentals, florists,
AV support, photographers, etc.); develops and maintains
professional working relationships with vendors and venue staff,
including facilities staff across Dartmouth Health, Geisel, and the
· Stays abreast of relevant College, Dartmouth Health, and
regulatory permitting requirements and alcohol policies, ensuring
compliance with these for all events sponsored by this
Percentage Of Time
Percentage Of Time
- Hires, trains, and supervises the Events Coordinator.
- Manages and oversees the event-related work of the
- Recruits and supervises event volunteers.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered 'Other' to the above question, please specify
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter