The University of Colorado Boulder and Campus Dining
are seeking applications for a
This position is eligible for the
following benefits: EcoPass; 22 vacation days; access to medical,
dental, vision, and life insurance, tuition reimbursement; a 10%
employer contribution retirement plan, and more! The expected
compensation is $15.45 per hour ($32,136 annually).
This position will manage many tasks related to basic cleaning,
recycling/composting, sanitation, chemical handling, equipment
maintenance, and other miscellaneous work as needed to upkeep our
NOTE: If selected for an interview, we will request three
professional references. Please gather the contact information
(phone and email) for three references in preparation for this part
of our process.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
At CU Boulder we are proud to offer state of the art dining in
award winning facilities. Our dining venues are backed by a
dedicated staff who strive to make each student's experience the
best it can be. At Campus Dining Services
we are committed
to serving delicious, innovative, sustainable and healthy food
options to the CU Community. We encompass these values through a
variety of education opportunities, community building events and
regular programming. Our staff engages with students to build
lifelong habits that contribute to healthy bodies and healthy
minds. We are also proud to serve roughly 3,000,000 meals in our
dining venues each year.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Cleaning, Vacuuming and Recycle/Composting
Chemical and Sanitation
- Dust and wash/clean: windowsills, blinds, woodwork, doors,
elevator walls, overhead pipes, light fixtures, furniture, and
- Ensure that all reusable hand towels are in appropriate
container for pick up from linen company and that clean linens are
- Ensure all coolers and freezers are clean and sanitized.
- Schedule and handle cleaning of all dry goods store rooms.
- Use backpack vacuum and spot cleaner to thoroughly clean all
four dining floor surfaces, stairwells and upholstery as needed.
Vacuum entryway mats and elevator door tracks daily.
- Schedule all daily cleaning of hard surface floors with floor
- Empty the contents of all compost, trash and recycling
receptacles and properly dispose of materials in the appropriate
- Schedule and perform detailed cleaning of all trash, compost,
recycling receptacles including dock compost dumpster daily or as
- Ensures that appropriate chemicals are used for specific tasks
and perform titrate tests weekly on all chemical sanitation
- Confirm that all safety data sheets are present and in
designated locations and updated.
- Guarantee all spray bottles are labeled and stored
- Ensure all hand sinks and mop sinks are fully stocked daily
with appropriate materials and chemicals dispensing at correct
Emergency and Miscellaneous Work
- Clean and perform minor maintenance on all custodial equipment
to maintain proper working order, and report all recommended
repairs as needed.
- Maintain the custodial workstation in a clean, organized, and
safe manner, while adding water to floor drains as needed.
- Empty and clean all vacuums and buckets daily.
What You Should Know
- Maintain inventory of emergency overnight kits and perform
initial emergency clean-up, which may include cleaning water,
bodily fluids, or debris.
- Extract carpeted floors and upholstered furniture with
- Stripping and finishing of hard surface floors as
- Move or assist in the moving of heavy furniture.
- Close all windows, turn off lights and lock doors.
- Assist with the set up and break down of special events as
- Any duties assigned by the supervisor to fit the needs of the
What We Can Offer
- This position is eligible for our
Student Affairs Employee Referral Program .
- This position will be working a night shift and may work
- Please be aware that dining is considered essential
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus
COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- The hourly rate is $15.45.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be courageous. Be unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Six months of work experience.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Enjoy working in a fast paced team driven environment.
- Ability to learn and understand how to check email.
- Capability to provide excellent customer service in high
contact cleaning locations, everywhere our students and staff
- Sensitivity to, and respect of cultural, political and
geographical differences with the ability to work will with
students, faculty, and staff from around the world.
- Work experience as a custodian, janitor, or a similar
- Basic knowledge of Safety Data Sheets and industrial cleaning
equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of safety protocols such as the use of
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- Optional: A cover letter that specifically tells us
how your background and experience align with the requirements,
qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 24, 2022
, for consideration.
: Application materials will not be accepted via
email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during
emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: