Campus Dining Services
at the University of Colorado Boulder
encourages applicants for the Head Line Cook - Bakery
position! This is a hands-on working culinary role
that provides oversight and leadership in assigned dining operating
to the BOH Dining Attendants. This position, under the general
supervision of the Sous Chef and Kitchen Manager, exists to
prepare, assign and delegate standardized recipe preparation,
ensuring quality, A9 and food safety standards are followed in
their specific assigned production area, all while offering
exceptional customer service in a team driven and supported
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Campus Dining Services (CDS)
exists to provide 3.3 million
meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the
university. We are comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering
and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads
the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining
experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives
and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including
efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We
are dedicated to providing options and information to all of our
guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan,
vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong
allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Kitchen Prep & Operation
- Prep, assemble and delegate food preparation tasks.
- Delegate and assist with the setup and breakdown of production
and service areas.
- Understand and use a variety of equipment and service
- Follow and carry out set food safety protocol in areas of
- Ensure cleanliness and quality of BOH service areas.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with customer
needs and inquiries.
- Lead by example in general work ethic and positive and
- Follow all ParTech and A9 labeling procedures, request labels,
and recognize allergen errors.
- Fully comprehend allergen labeling protocol, including
avoidance of cross contact, and report concerns as needed.
- Serve on food safety response team and respond to all food
safety emergencies as appropriate.
What You Should Know
- Train new full time staff members and student employees.
- Empower others to make decisions in areas within their span of
What We Can Offer
- This is a full-time, in person position and is considered
- This position may work early mornings, nights and/or
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement .
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The annual salary for this position is $35,360.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be empowered. Be talented. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- 3 years of experience related to the job assignment.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the
position level or the ability to acquire Servsafe certification or
certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire.
Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate
appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ability to work in a team driven environment.
- Ability to display and demonstrate excellent communication
- One year of culinary experience in a high volume, university,
or institutional food service operation. Bakery production
- Knowledge of bread and pastry production.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- Optional: A cover letter that specifically tells us
how your background and experience align with the requirements,
qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 14, 2022
, for consideration.
: Application materials will not be accepted via
email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during
emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: