Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote
student success and community development by providing affordable
access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher
education and workforce training, including appropriate applied
baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access
to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and under represented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a
diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a
Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's
faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship,
inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to
equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Office Coordinator (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:
Leads, oversees, and coordinates planning activities and
administration of programs and activities including, but not
limited to house management for ADM performances and events.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Leads one or more specialized projects or programs within
department or office.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and schedules work study
employees to assist in ushering and audience engagement for
division performances and events.
- Serves as communication liaison.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments of the
- Gathers and compiles data for reports.
- Maintains and updates database information.
- May research, evaluate, and make recommendations related to
- Conducts basic administrative skills within the ADM office
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge related to the purpose and/or content of the program
- Knowledge of planning and coordinating related projects and/or
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including some
required evenings and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills,
including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with
attention to detail and follow-through.
- Working collaboratively.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
- Prioritizing, implementing, and managing multiple projects and
- Effectively working with diverse and multicultural
- Computer, web and database maintenance skills.
- Efficient editing and writing communication skills.
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software
- Two years related work experience.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for
travel in the Austin area as required.
- Assessing, developing, and maintaining social media
- Reviewing and preparing narrative and statistical reports and
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 14, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in
full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible
for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after
their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical,
dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement
plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security.
participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and
the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators
Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money
Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity
Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political
affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime
Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to
report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security
Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided
resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills
and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities
may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add,
change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any
time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform
other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition,
reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday