Extended Job Title
Director of Ancillary Services
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691015 - Montford Trusty Camp
Directs, plans, coordinates and supervises the operation and
activities of a specialized unit or small department; develops and
implements policies and procedures, administers the budget,
organizes tasks and sets priorities . Serves as liaison with
university personnel and community at large. Works under general
supervision with broad latitude for initiative and independent
Professional/Personal Reference, Recommendation/Referral
Pay Grade Maximum
• Functions as ancillary (shared) services director in a healthcare
setting, primarily overseeing Materials Management, Medical
Records, Accreditation Specialist, Phlebotomy, and other support
functions, for a 128-bed managed care inpatient and outpatient
medical facility and a 550 behavioral health facility.
• Directs provision of care and ancillary services at the Regional
Medical Facility for TTUHSC Managed Care at the John Montford unit,
Supports and manages to achieve TDCJ Operation and ACA standards
for Access to Care, promotes an appropriate legal and compliance
• Ensures accountability and proper allocation of financial and
• Participates in planning and management of the American
Correctional Association (ACA) Accreditation regional process.
Directs and oversees the completion of ACA folders for the Unit,
including the collecting and uploading proofs of compliance.
• Ensures effective management of healthcare services and
materials, requiring frequent use of principled judgment guided by
institutional and departmental policy and professional
• Provides regional leadership, supervision, direction,
communication, organization, and monitoring to administrative,
clinical, and support staff involved in the provision of health
care services in the Montford Regional Medical Facility.
• Directs and assists in collecting, compiling, and reviewing
• Directs the materials management/supply department for the John
About Managed Care:
Since 1989, TTUHSC Managed Care has been providing clinical and
operational support to correctional facilities throughout West
Texas and other regional areas. We serve approximately 30,000
patients utilizing a broad range of comprehensive medical and
health services. TTUHSC Managed Care strives to positively impact
the lives of our patients, to include many who had no previous
access to quality health care. Learn more about TTUHSC Managed Care
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that
reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands,
and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care
• And much more.
Pay Grade Minimum
• Ability to lead and direct the work/job functions of others.
Knowledge of TTUHSC Managed Care policies and procedures for the
delivery of health care in addition to TTUHSC operations
• Work experience with healthcare entities, state/governmental
• Excellent command of the English language with good verbal and
written communication skills.
• Ability to do complex reasoning concepts and procedures; and to
anticipate and resolve issues at all levels.
• Ability to multi-task a variety of issues daily, to manage
support staff in a clinical setting, and communicate and interact
effectively with others while engaged in unusually difficult or
• Knowledge of supply chain principles and best practices.
• Knowledge of healthcare medical records laws, principles, and
• Knowledge of institutional and departmental organizational
structure, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
• Knowledge of healthcare accreditation requirements, specifically
American Correctional Association.
• Skill to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies,
procedures and to evaluate accreditation and unit activities.
• Skill in organization processes and attention to detail to
prepare and maintain accurate records, files, and reports.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Montford Trusty Camp
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the
individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring
department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional
information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the
Human Resources webpage.
First line Managers
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its
components will not discriminate in our employment practices based
on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree in related area required plus five years
progressively responsible management experience. Additional
education may substitute for experience on a year for year
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus
Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and
universities participating in federal financial aid programs to
maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security
information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish
and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime
Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and
employees. You can locate this report through our website at: