The O’Maley College of Business at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical
University, Daytona Beach is seeking applicants for a faculty
member with a specialization in entrepreneurship and/or innovation.
Successful candidates will demonstrate subject matter expertise in
the relevant fields, evidence of teaching excellence at the nexus
of traditional and experiential learning, skill engaging students
through active and collaborative learning and demonstrated
scholarship potential. We seek candidates who are excited about
collaborating with existing faculty and other stakeholders on
campus to expand an innovative and regionally engaged
entrepreneurship ecosystem, with particular preference for scholars
who have interacted closely with entrepreneurs. Rank is negotiable
based on experience and background. Tenure-track or
non-tenure-track appointment is also possible.
O'Maley College of Business, Daytona Beach,
Anticipated Start Date:
January 4, 2023 but negotiable
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and teach graduate and undergraduate courses in
innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Engage in scholarly research leading to publication in quality
- Collaborate with existing faculty to provide oversight and
expansion of curricular and co-curricular educational programming,
development and stewardship of partnerships and active outreach to
those on campus and throughout the region entrepreneurial ecosystem
as part of the O’Maley College of Business Center for Innovation
- Collaborate toward developing and hosting student-centric
programming across the different stages of an entrepreneurship
pipeline, for those not solely with ideas and businesses to
develop, but also a more general interest in entrepreneurial
thinking and mindset.
- Contribute to the development and growth of the
Entrepreneurship and Innovation programming (curricular and
co-curricular) in the O’Maley College of Business.
- Assist the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in
identifying and implementing cross-campus collaboration and program
- Engage with professionals in the regional business community
supporting entrepreneurial development.
- Support and promote Entrepreneurship as a Center for Excellence
within the O’Maley College of Business.
Rank and tenure determination commensurate with qualifications. In
- A Masters or Doctorate related to business, entrepreneurship,
marketing or similar field with teaching and research interests
related to entrepreneurship. We are willing to consider
applications from ABDs, provided the doctoral degree is completed
within one year of starting the position.
- Preference for individuals with experience in technical
entrepreneurship & innovation and for scholars who have a
record of interacting closely with entrepreneurs and venture
- Record of excellent teaching and academic experience in
entrepreneurship; professional business experience also
- Previous background in the aviation/aerospace industry is not
required but would be a plus. The successful candidate is expected
over time to align their professional expertise with the interests
and focus on the University.
Interested individuals should apply online and submit a cover
letter, copy of your current Curriculum Vitae, copy of your
transcript (unofficial is acceptable with application), and contact
information for three references.