Responsible for recruitment and enrollment of student-athletes.
Specifically inform, advise, and counsel prospective students,
secondary schools, community colleges, and other organizations
about Elmhurst University. The student athlete admission counselor
will convert student-athletes through the enrollment funnel by
providing counseling through the recruitment cycle. Seeks
opportunities for expanded recruitment contacts, participate in
various recruiting events across all athletic teams, and positively
contributes to the attainment of new student enrollment
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships with and present to prospective first-year
and transfer student athletes and families for the purpose of
informing them about Elmhurst’s programs, admission, financial aid
and enrollment procedures.
- Coordinate individual visits and admission presentations for
athletic recruitment events.
- Review and recommend admission and scholarship decisions for
- Create and maintain effective, positive relationships with
coaching staff and athletic director.
- Participate in on-campus visitation programs sponsored by the
- Respond to inquiries and handle correspondence with prospective
students in a timely and effective manner.
- Be knowledgeable about general admission practices, industry
trends and NCAA rules for recruitment and eligibility.
- Utilize CRM to run queries, track prospects’ progress through
the enrollment process, and make data driven decisions within
- Conduct admission and recruitment related training for coaches
regarding admission standards, best practices and slate query
- Serve as a liaison to coaching staff communicating admission
initiatives that impact student athletes.
- Follow strategies outlined within yearly recruitment plan
within assigned territory to aid in meeting territory goals.
- Track and communicate progress of athletic recruitment goals
throughout enrollment cycle.
- Assist with general administrative, and at times clerical,
duties as assigned by enrollment supervisors.
- Assume responsibility for auxiliary program assignment or other
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Support mission, vision and values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Well-developed skills in verbal/written communication.
- Understanding of higher education in particular of private
liberal arts colleges and their mission.
- Prior athletic experience in a Division 3 setting or
- The ability to project a positive image of the institution in
an organized, accurate manner.
- Must be responsive and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
and fluctuating responsibilities.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- High School and other visits are performed in personal
automobile, costs reimbursed.
- Ability to carry and lift display and promotion material,
approximately 50 pounds.
- Evening and weekend hours expected.
- Ability to travel locally, and in designated out-of-area
Recruitment visits are performed using personal transportation,
costs reimbursed. Ability to carry and lift display and promotional
materials, approximately 50 pounds.
Includes evenings and weekends, as assigned.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting