Fairfield University is a co-educational, comprehensive Jesuit
university with a 200-acre campus located along the scenic
shoreline community of Fairfield, CT. The University is comprised
of approximately 3,500 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students
pursuing degrees within 5 schools: The College of Arts and
Sciences, The Charles F. Dolan School of Business, The School of
Engineering, The Marion Peckham Egan School of Nursing and Health
Studies, and School of Education and Human Development. As an
expression of our Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity, Fairfield
embraces a liberal humanistic approach to education, encouraging
critical thinking, cultivating free and open inquiry, and fostering
ethical and religious values.
The Alumni Relations Coordinator will provide an array of
administrative and technical support to the Special Assistant to
the President/Alumni Chaplain, Assistant Vice President for Alumni
Relations, and the Office of Alumni Relations. Reporting to the
Assistant Vice President for Alumni Relations, the Alumni
Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of
the department and of Alumni House and assistance with special
projects. The position requires strong customer service skills,
communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to be a team
player. The coordinator needs a commitment to the mission of
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Budgets and Finances
- Provide front desk support, greeting, assisting, and referring
visitors who contact the office via phone, email, or in person and
possess the ability to problem solve.
- Maintain calendars, schedule appointments, and make travel
arrangements for administrators.
- Coordinate logistics including, but not limited to, event
registration, room reservations, catering orders, media set up,
signage, name tags, etc. for meetings.
- Manage the Alumni House event space, in coordination with the
Office of Conference and Event Management, to include signage,
house manager coverage, setups and take downs, cleanliness and
annual fireplace maintenance.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of all office supplies, kitchen
supplies, hospitality items, etc.
- Manage process for acknowledging deceased alumni, including
maintenance of In Memoriam list, correspondence with families,
Jesuit community notifications, and requesting memorial
- Plan and execute annual 9/11 Memorial Remembrance with
- Attend department, division, University and volunteer meetings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
Advancement colleagues and others across campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage and maintain all budgets related to the Alumni Relations
department and Alumni Chaplain/Special Assistant to the President,
monitoring budget availability throughout the year, creating
purchase requisitions and supplier requests, submitting expense
reports, and processing invoices.
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated computer and technological skills, including
proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge Advancement database tool,
Anthology/iModules alumni online community, and/or Workday
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to self-manage multiple
tasks, priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and the ability to
handle sensitive/confidential situations with tact and
- Ability to carry at least 25 pounds.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Attendance at some evening and weekend events is
- Job is located on the campus of Fairfield University in Alumni
Advancement - Staff
Performs such other duties, responsibilities, and activities as
required by supervisor and as departmental/University needs
The above information indicates the general nature and level of
work performed by employees within this classification. It is not
designed to contain and should not be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
activities, and/or qualifications required or expected of employees
assigned to this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change and new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this
spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of
color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented
groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to
all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents
including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the
"My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV.
You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section.
You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all
documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If
you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine
them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable
contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you
need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to
upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org