The Chief Nursing Officer & Director, Nursing Program (CNO/Director) provides strategic and operational leadership for the Accelerated Bachelor of Nursing program at the Providence Campus. The CNO/Director is responsible for overseeing the Charlotte Campus nursing program(s) and supervising the campus Program Director of Nursing. The CNO/Director is responsible for the development, implementation, management, ongoing evaluation, oversight, and administration of the nursing program(s).
The CNO/Director is accountable for achieving and maintaining program regional, national, and discipline- specific accreditation as well as meeting all other applicable accreditation and licensing standards and adhering to university policies and practices. Responsibilities also include recruiting staff and faculty, preparing applications for the Rhode Island Board of Nursing and to Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The incumbent will lead faculty in curriculum design, recruitment of adjunct faculty, and choosing clinical sites.
The CNO/Director must have an earned doctorate from an accredited program as well as five or more years of experience in academia and educational leadership. Applications are accepted through the JWU Employment Site and the position will remain open until filled.
Diversity & Inclusion
Embracing diversity for a richly inclusive community is a Guiding Principle at JWU. Our students, faculty and staff have varied backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that unite us as one community and contribute to our success. We are committed to enhancing the diversity of our workforce teams and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the Charlotte accelerated Nursing program and its director
- Develops and implements an accelerated Bachelor of Nursing program that continuously meets national, regional, and programmatic accreditation standards and is in alignment with the university’s mission and strategic plan
- Leads the program's faculty and staff in ongoing review and development of curriculum, program goals, objectives, and outcomes, program self-study and evaluation. Documents the results of those reviews and makes changes, as necessary
- Recruits, recommends, hires, supervises, assesses and develops qualified full-time and part-time faculty to support the accelerated Bachelor of Nursing program
- Collaborates with the enrollment management team to plan and execute marketing activities to increase awareness of the accelerated second degree program to contribute to meeting the enrollment goals
- Oversees the development and application of admissions, retention, and completion policies and processes relating to the accelerated Bachelor of Nursing Program including participating in student recruitment activities, advisement evaluation, and counseling
- Collaborates with the university registrar to monitor degree related activities
- Keeps abreast of changes in the field to track trends and make recommendations for program changes and updates
- Maintains compliance with the Rules in the Rhode Island Board of Nursing Chapter and other legal requirements in all areas of the program
- Maintains engagement with students and curriculum through teaching assignments, while ensuring sufficient non-teaching time for program administration
- Completes and submits applications and other relevant documents and reports to facilitate accreditation and maintains continued compliance with applicable standards; maintains records relative to program accreditation and licensing
- Leads and manages the accelerated Bachelor of Nursing program through program organization, administration, fiscal management, continuous review and analysis, planning, development and
- Facilitates timely submission of required documentation supporting student eligibility for nurse licensure credentialing exam and other such exams
- Represents the accelerated Bachelor of Nursing program at internal university meetings and serves as the program's representative at medical, professional and other community organizations and events
- Prepares and monitors departmental budget, ensuring sufficient program resources to advance the mission
- Supervises and develops the department staff, facilitating professional opportunities to improve individual capability and managing performance against job accountabilities, department goals and established university, campus and department policies and procedures
- Supervises and manages student employees, as necessary, to enhance their academic and professional development
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or other appropriate accreditation as determined by JWU
- Moderate amount of experience in clinical nursing, experience as a faculty member in a nursing program, and academic or nursing leadership experience
- Active, unencumbered registered nurse license in the State of Rhode Island or multistate licensure privilege to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Rhode Island
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- Earned doctorate in nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or other appropriate accreditation as determined by JWU
Please note: Qualified candidates must live or relocate within a daily commuting distance of the Providence Campus location upon hire.