Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are
responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum
learning environment, responding to student needs, managing
effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses,
modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism,
developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and
staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and
maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be
responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation
and interest in the total affairs of the collegeThe full-time
Dental Hygiene faculty member participates in the planning,
implementation, evaluation and revision of program curriculum. This
individual may also be assigned the responsibility of coordinating
the instructional efforts of a designated instructional team. The
position develops, teaches and provides instruction across the
dental sciences curriculum.
- Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program.
- Baccalaureate degree in Dental Hygiene or related field from a
regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a dental hygienist in
North Carolina or be eligible for licensure in North
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
- American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA) membership.
- Three years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as
a registered dental hygienist
- Teaching and/or industry training experience in dental topics in
any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions,
conducting professional development workshops, and/or other
continuing education seminars
- Greater than three years or the equivalent of full-time clinical
experience as a dental hygienist
- Post-secondary teaching experience