Delta State University
Chair of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation
Health Physical Education and Recreation
Full or Part Time:
The Division of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation at Delta
State University invites applications for a tenure-track position
at the Associate or Full Professor level beginning in January 2023
with the additional responsibility of Division Chair. The
successful candidate will need strong communication skills and a
commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service.
The Division seeks a chair with the demonstrated ability to develop
and promotion of innovative undergraduate and graduate programs.
The primary responsibilities of the Chair include, but are not
- Oversight of divisional goals and curriculum development.
- Management of division personnel and non-personnel financial
- Oversight of accreditation processes.
- Provision of a transparent shared governance in an environment
that embraces shared governance.
- Engagement in collaborative opportunities and partnerships for
- Engagement in recruitment and retention activities.
- Promotion of an ethical climate at all levels of the
- Instruction of courses and engagement in scholarly research and
- Communication of needs, opportunities, and risks regarding the
division to the Dean and senior administrators.
- An earned PhD/EdD in Physical Education, Exercise Science,
Recreation, Sports Management, or related field.
- Significant professional experience within the field of
physical/health education or related fields with teaching and
leadership experience at the college level.
- Sufficient scholarship, service, and teaching to merit the
position of associate or full professor as defined in the
University’s tenure and promotion policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
12 monthCommensurate with experience, qualifications, and
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Cover letter, vitae, unofficial transcript and three letters of
recommendation are required for this position and are to be
Requests for letters of recommendation will automatically be
generated to the references you list on the application. They will
be sent a link to allow them to submit letter directly to
This post will remain open until filled. A review of applicants
will begin immediately.
The start date of the position will be January of 2023.
Open Until Filled:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: Click Here
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal
employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy
extends to all programs and activities supported by the