Suffolk University is pleased to announce an opening for a Staff
Psychologist or Clinician in our Counseling, Health & Wellness
Center. This position will provide high quality, direct mental
health counseling and crisis intervention services to
undergraduate, graduate and law students within a dynamic and busy
integrated higher education setting. CHW is seeking candidates with
experience working in diverse settings and who are interested in
outreach/education opportunities in a higher education setting. In
addition, this position will participate commensurate with
licensure as a member of the supervisory training team for CHWs
well-regarded APA-accredited Internship in Health Psychology and/or
CHWs psychology Practicum Training Program, both of which emphasize
multicultural counseling skills. As an integrated center, CHW
maintains a holistic, multicultural, and interdisciplinary approach
to student care. CHW staff value inclusive and identity-affirming
treatment approaches and participate in routine professional
development related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. CHW offers
a collaborative and supportive working environment within a dynamic
and exciting higher education institution. Suffolk offers a
competitive salary and benefits package.
Successful candidates for this position will have experience
working in higher education and be licensed as Psychologist, LICSW
or LMHC in Massachusetts; or be eligible for licensure in
Massachusetts within 4 months of hire. Experience and interest in
clinical supervision and training are required. Successful
candidates will also bring a demonstrated commitment to diversity,
equity, and inclusion, as well as the application of social justice
and antiracist concepts in clinical and higher education settings.
Candidates should also have developed experience and skills in
multicultural counseling approaches, self-awareness and reflection,
and the ability to engage in difficult dialogues.
- Provides short-term psychological counseling services to
diverse students in individual and group modalities; develops
short-term treatment plans and urgent care behavioral risk
assessments/consultations via Center walk-ins and provides case
management and off-campus referrals for students.
- Provides consultation to faculty, staff and students in order
to address student high-risk behaviors and student/community
holistic health concerns.
- Serves in the center-wide, after-hours, on-call rotation system
in conjunction with ProtoCall Services, a contracted professional
mental health on-call service.
- Contributes to CHWs doctoral training programs commensurate
with licensure such as providing supervision, didactic instruction,
- Contributions to the Centers group counseling program or
outreach/consultation programs as relates to staff members specific
areas of interest and/or expertise.
- Provides psycho-educational and holistic health outreach
programs to students, faculty and staff.
- Maintains timely and thorough client contact documentation
compliant with Center policies and procedures and applicable state
- Provides campus support services as needed during times of
campus crises and/or psychological emergencies.
- Attends Center and Student Affairs Division meetings and
professional development programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Counseling, Health
- If already licensed in another state, candidate must obtain
license in Massachusetts. Candidates with two or more years of
post-licensure, professional experience are preferred. If licensure
as psychologist is pending, must be eligible for licensure as a
Psychologist in Massachusetts within 4 months of hire.
- Training and experience in providing short-term psychotherapy,
group therapy and crisis response for diverse adolescents and young
adults, preferably with college and university students.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and treat students with a broad
range of diagnoses required.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in providing clinical
supervision and training required.
- Strong student service orientation.
- Maintain ethical/professional conduct and interaction with all
University community members.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation and
outreach to all campus constituents (faculty, staff and
- Availability to attend occasional evening or weekend
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Interest in the integration of counseling and health services
on a college campus.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and lifelong learning
regarding multicultural issues and concerns.Interest in the
application and integration of social justice in counseling center
- Proficiency in a second language.
- Expertise in an Empirically Supported Treatment modality and an
interest in didactic teaching of that modality to interns (e.g.
CBT, DBT, ACT, or others).
- Interest in the integration of technology in psychological
- Additional Information
This is a 12 month, full-time salaried position. CHW staff
provide a mix of in-person and telehealth services while working
on-site 5-days per week. Due to clinical/campus emergencies or an
occasional evening program, psychologists/counselors may work
beyond regularly scheduled office hours.