ACADEMIC COORDINATOR FOR CLINICAL EDUCATION
Number of Vacancies:
School of Medicine / Education and Academic
Scope of Job:
To coordinate and provide support to the day to day administration
of the Clinical Education Center for medical students.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates educational activities that support the institutional
UME curriculum and adhere to LCME and ACGME requirements.
• Schedules UTRGV students and visiting VSAS students for clinical
• Assists with development and supervision of clinical schedules
for four years of clinical education, 6 clerkships, three
electives, 2 sub internships, 6 specialty specific boot camps and
• Assists with VSAS preparation, registration and onboarding of
visiting students for over 50 electives.
• Maintains onboarding requirements for all affiliate hospitals and
• Completes, submits and coordinates all required academic data
forms from the VA, affiliate hospitals and all clinical sites
including required computer and building access.
• Assists with the development and longitudinal and vertical
integration of integrated, transitional and clinical
• Maintains and updates immunization records required by facilities
for the course of student’s enrollment.
• Performs matriculation orientation for all clerkships, electives,
internships and boot camp requirements.
• Prepares materials for integrated and clerkship
• Participates in planning and developing methods for program
implementation and administration for clinical education
• Assists in updating and supporting compliance to UME policies and
procedures and related departmental policies.
• Interacts with students, faculty members and hospital/clinic
managers to develop and maintain rapport.
• Performs site visits to monitor student activities at 11 HUB
sites, 8 hospital affiliates and over 35 potential clinical
• Liaison between faculty matters to maintain, process and update
faculty credentialing for all departments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited
• One (1) year of experience in the appropriate field of the
• Three (3) years of the required experience with an Associate
Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with a High School
Diploma or equivalent.
Experience obtained in a higher education setting.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties.
Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible
amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull
or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights
act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non-discrimination in its education programs and activities,
including employment. We encourage women, minorities and
differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for
redacting any confidential information from the documents you
attach with your application. The confidential information includes
the following: *Date of Birth *Social Security Number *Gender
*Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information
prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be
forwarding your application to the department as per your
submission. If you have any questions, please visit our Careers
site at https://careers.utrgv.edu
detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/34566