Lead Tutor - Business
Internal Position Title:
: Tutoring Center, GLC
The Lead Tutor, under the supervision of the Tutoring Coordinator,
delivers tutoring services to students and helps oversee the
day-to-day operations of the tutoring center when the coordinator
is not present. The Lead Tutor works collaboratively with other
Lead Tutors and the Tutoring Coordinators to promote innovative
tutoring strategies, respond to student needs, and foster awareness
of and access to tutoring services.
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation and
Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and Tuition
Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees are
eligible to participate in the State University Retirement System
- Bachelor’s degree or higher OR an Associate’s degree with two
semesters’ or more experience as a CLC tutor.
- Minimum of one (1) year of recent college-level tutoring center
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively with
students of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed, including taking CLC
courses to develop subject expertise.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in a community college
- Bilingual Spanish
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
This position is pending Board
Total Hours Per Week:
Evening and weekend hours are required. Typical hours may include
M-Th 2 pm-8 pm, Sa 10 am - 2 pm, or Su 4 pm-8 pm. Hours vary
depending on the needs of the department and college. This is a
42-week position, scheduled to work: 16 weeks of fall semester plus
kick-off week 8 weeks of summer term 16 weeks of spring semester
plus kick-off week (not scheduled to work spring break)
Software Testing Required:
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
Job Category: Student and Customer Service 80%
Job Category: Management and Supervision 10%
- Provides tutoring services to students in accounting,
economics, and other subjects as needed.
- Assesses student needs and recommends appropriate learning
strategies such as workshops, curriculum materials, and tutoring
- Refers students to other college offices and support services
- Assists students in connecting with tutors, including
scheduling appointments, sharing schedules and location
information, and answering questions.
- Promotes and maintains the Tutoring Center as a welcoming,
inclusive, and collegial learning environment.
- Refers issues and complaints to Tutoring Coordinator.
- Responds in a timely manner to any inquiries (phone, email or
other communications) about the Tutoring Center.
- Conducts Tutoring Center orientations in courses related to
- Leads study groups.
Job Category: Department Operations and Procedures
- Assists in training tutors as needed.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20779
- Oversees day to day operations of assigned location when
coordinator is not present.