The Assistant Director of Athletic Communications/Creative Services
is responsible for enhancing Drexel’s visual and creative presence
in digital and written media. The successful candidate will be
responsible for the production of creative and compelling content
from ideation to completion.
- Primary responsibility is to create unique and engaging content
for Drexel Athletics social media accounts and website, including,
but not limited to gameday videos, graphics, promotional materials
and “all-access” packages.
- Manage the day-to-day creative and video content for all 18
- Create and manage a comprehensive creative media plan with the
athletic communications staff based on upcoming team and department
- Work with Dragons Sports Properties to ensure deliverables to
sponsors are being completed and game promotions are being
- Supervise co-ops/interns in collection of video and
photographic materials and instruction on editing.
- Coordinate with coaches to highlight student-athlete community
involvement and the Drexel student-athlete experience.
- Collaborate with Drexel Athletics marketing department to
ensure cohesive and innovative departmental branding.
- Adherence to all applicable rules of Drexel University, the
Colonial Athletic Association and NCAA.
- Shall work closely with the Associate Athletic Director for
Communications on creative plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to film original video content of practices, games, and
- Ability to photograph, games and practices for use in graphic
packages for social media.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Premiere
Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Display creativity in linear and non-linear video editing while
showing the ability to meet departmental deadlines.
- Ability to work nights and weekends and travel to selected road
- Ability to manage several tasks and/or projects
- Master’s degree.
- Communications, media/visual arts, or graphic design
- Background and/or knowledge of collegiate athletics.
- Ability to bend, crouch, stoop.
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Jun 29 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Jul 29 2022 Eastern Daylight Time