Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Urban Health Collaborative, part of the Dornsife School of
Public Health, Drexel University is a multi-disciplinary research
center focused on improving health in cities. The UHC is seeking an
experienced Communications Manager to develop, manage and execute
communications and marketing strategy in support of the
Collaborative’s mission and objectives. The Communications and
Marketing Manager promotes on-brand messaging through digital,
social media and traditional channels with the goal of raising
awareness and promoting the UHC. This role is responsible for
developing an annual communications and marketing plan to reach
core constituents: researchers, practitioners, funders, faculty,
staff, students and members of the public interested in engaging
with the UHC. The role will collaborate closely with
cross-functional teams – within the UHC, the Dornsife School of
Public Health and across Drexel University – to produce effective
content promoting the Collaborative, its research, events and
The person in this role will be involved in strategy development,
writing and graphic design related to communications activities of
the UHC. The position requires creativity, versatility, diplomacy
and mastery of the skills required for content creation. The
Marketing and Communications Manager will also be responsible for
designing, developing and disseminating research and policy briefs
created at the UHC. The candidate should be collaborative and eager
to learn new approaches to marketing and communications and be
willing to experiment with new technologies. The position will
collaborate and coordinate with DSPH and University communications
staff and with any project specific communications staff to oversee
all UHC communications activities.
- Develop and execute marketing and communications strategies,
while maintaining consistent brand messaging for the UHC, as well
as work that is consistent with the overall branding of the
Dornsife School of Public Health.
- Create and maintain social media content and graphics, website
content, promotional emails, monthly e-newsletters, and marketing
materials including digital advertising and some print advertising
such as fact sheets and brochures, viewbooks, and posters.
- Maintain an editorial calendar for the UHC website and monthly
e-newsletter; solicit content from students, faculty, and staff.
Produce the monthly e-newsletter and coordinate its release to all
- Support UHC project teams’ marketing efforts through a content
management system (CMS) and email marketing platform
- Lead all owned and shared media initiatives for UHC’s programs
- Work collaboratively and creatively with University and DSPH
staff. Advise UHC faculty, staff, researchers and students on
strategies to communicate their projects/programs effectively to
- Collaborate on the editing of online projects and short form
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required in Marketing, Communications or
a closely related field.
- 3-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education
and experience is required.
- Project management skills, ability to prioritize and complete a
wide range of projects to specified deadlines with minimal
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication, and
- Demonstrated professional writing, editing, and communication
- Experience with email marketing campaigns and e-newsletters
- Experience with updating and maintaining website content
through a CMS (e.g. Sitecore).
- Knowledge of social media, both as a marketer and as a
- Experience with design and editing tools, including Photoshop,
InDesign, Illustrator, Canva, Spark, etc.
- Use excellent judgment in understanding and effectively
executing media aligned with our brand identity.
- Be accountable for attention to detail and for meeting
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly master and use, social
media listening, reporting, and scheduling and analytics tools
(e.g. Google Analytics, etc.)
- General understanding of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign,
Illustrator) or willingness to learn independently.
- Experience with project management software (e.g.,
- Knowledge of or interest in urban public health
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
Jun 29 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Jul 29 2022 Eastern Daylight Time