Events Coordinator, Senior
Arizona K-12 Center
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an
unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values.
We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our
efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of
- To be considered please submit complete application, which
includes: NAU application; a cover letter outlining interest in the
position and how past experience matches with the job requirements;
and a resume.
- This position requires travel, with evening and weekend work
included to fulfill all necessary obligations.
The Arizona K12 Center at Northern Arizona University is part of
the College of Education and located in Phoenix, Arizona. The
Arizona K12 Center provides professional learning opportunities for
Arizona's K-12 teachers and is seeking an Events Coordinator,
Senior. This position coordinates and supports phases of planning
for the Center's events, primarily the coordination of logistics
around our National Board and Beginning Teacher work. It is
expected that the Events Coordinator, Senior will work
collaboratively with staff in the execution of the Center's
professional learning programs. The successful candidate will have
a deep commitment to the work of the Arizona K12 Center and the
teachers we serve.
- Provides logistical coordination of meetings, trainings, and
events related to the professional learning provided by the Arizona
K12 Center. This includes, but is not limited to, providing
logistical support, material preparation, equipment
packing/unpacking, participant, and trainer assistance,
coordinating details in relation to venues, catering, audio visual,
accommodations, transportation, trainers, and speakers.
- Collaborates with assigned Program Director(s) to ensure the
necessary logistics to the event outcomes are addressed.
- Plans and executes events and tracks attendance through
scheduling, coordination of internal/external resources, and
- Follows standard event planning principles and guidelines to
effectively resolve issues.
- Collaborates with Asst Director of Operations throughout the
- Collaborates with the Assistant Director of Operations and the
Financial Oversight Manager to ensure programmatic and budget
- Coordinates event logistics which includes: venue, catering,
audio visual, facilitators, transportation, materials, etc.
- Attends university trainings, as well as stays current with
related and relevant policies.
- Manages budgets and ensures fiscal accountability for assigned
- Handles scheduling and resource tracking for the event planning
- Assists staff members to facilitate and reconcile participants
registrations and fees.
- Develops, updates, and reports out on budget financial sheets
for assigned events.
- Provides on-site support for assigned events which includes
event set-up/tear down.
- Tracks attendance at events to determine methods to improve
- Materials preparation.
- Transports materials and provides event setup and tear
- Understands and applies knowledge of appropriate handling of
event data and information.
- Helps promote events to ensure strong attendance.
- Orders and reconciles event-related purchases.
- Onsite for assigned events to provide logistical and event
- Ensures website accuracy and relevancy for all assigned
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of assigned onsite event
spaces, including inventory of equipment.
- Communicates regularly with participants using email marketing
- Provides technical assistance to candidates as questions arise
about National Board Certification.
- Manages event and attendee information using the Center's
content management system.
- Communicates with clients and trainers to ensure program
logistics and needs are adhered to.
- Meets regularly and works in collaboration with the Program
Directors of assigned events to ensure events meet the intended
- Keeps leadership apprised of developments and/or concerns as
- Adjusts to changing needs of university operations, federal
policies, or needs to provide specialized or individual
- Works collaboratively with event planning team and program
directors to support the work of others as needed.
- Manages and provides technical support in the Center's
Professional Learning Center Studio.
- Provides support to coordinator team and Asst Director of
- Provides back-up assistance for the Executive Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years relevant experience in event planning and/or project
- Valid Arizona Driver's License
- Experience working with diverse groups and K-12 educators.
- Proficient knowledge and use of the Mac platform.
- Experience working in a fast-pace, team-oriented
- Experience working with audio-visual equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of event planning tools, processes, and
- Knowledge of processes for engaging and recording feedback from
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
in a Mac environment.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, and facilitating
- Event planning skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Experience using online platforms (Zoom).
- Analyzes non-routine situations and anticipates issues.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, organizational, and
- Ability to drive a cargo van and/or small box truck.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines using effective time management
- Communicate effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Be able to move and transport laptop/iPad carts containing
upwards to 30 devices each, lift a minimum of 25 pounds, and tape
down power cords at event venue.
- Working knowledge of electronic mail and calendars in an Apple
environment including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other
software such Survey Monkey and ability to run, analyze, and
summarize computer-generated reports.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, honesty, transparency,
and high levels of collaboration.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with demonstrated
ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and
priorities to meet aggressive timelines and challenging deadlines
with minimal staff support.
- Deep commitment to professional learning and with the knowledge
and ability to champion the Arizona K12 Center, the College of
Education, and Northern Arizona University.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination
requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal
court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent
executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees
of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For
current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please
visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the
following: a criminal background investigation, an employment
history verification and a degree verification (in some cases)
prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a
fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the
state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $47,634. Annual salary commensurate with
candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent
benefit package including generous health, dental and vision
insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System;
paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for
employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at
NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff
employees are in a probationary status for their first six months
at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a
position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's
BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the
pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date.
Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in
benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in
the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability
coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period
following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision
of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors
Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
July 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006
or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606447&PostingSeq=1