The Multimedia/Extended Reality (XR) Technologist is a 12 month
position that provides operational support for XR initiatives at
Husson University. This includes operation and maintenance of the
virtual production system, interactive augmented reality
environments, and extended reality equipment.
TECHNICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, operate and maintain LED wall, audio and lighting
- Set up, operate and maintain motion capture and Unreal virtual
production system (training provided if similar skills exist).
- Set up, operate and maintain disguise and blacktrax system
(training provided if similar skills exist).
- Manage and maintain extended reality kit inventory of over 50
kits with systems like VR goggles, AR Glasses, Mocap suits, AR
projection and virtual production systems.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will supervise work-study students and must carry
out those supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable state and federal laws.
- Following daily and weekly management checklists Logging
maintenance issues and creating RMAs.
- Maintaining studio and equipment distribution technical
readiness at all times (productions, demos, R&D, etc.).
- Run boot procedures, ensuring peak working condition of the
stage for creative technologists.
- Upkeep of labeling, storage and organization for readiness of
all equipment. Assist with the organization of events, meetings,
schedules, and budgets to advance the mission of the iEX Center and
related programs and University.
- Manage communication through multiple media (including but not
limited to written text, verbal, email, video, and web).
- Prepare and coordinate purchases of supplies and materials for
the department, requests for reimbursement and other budget-related
items approved by the director.
- Prioritize, manage, and resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all
stakeholders to ensure quality assurance.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance, with the
expectation of additional flexibility of hours during events that
take place outside of normal working hours. Adhere to university
policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Primary technical skills are related to LED systems, power,
media servers, lighting, camera equipment, video infrastructure,
audio, routing, and XR/AR/MR (training provided on specific systems
if substantive skills exist)
- Experience in a live production atmosphere
- Strong oral and written communication skills to a variety of
constituencies including students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing goals and
- The ability to work cooperatively and effectively with
colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
(Multimedia, Communications, Video Production, Computer Systems, or