The University of Colorado Boulder is now encouraging applications
for the Campus Parking Events Coordinator to lead most aspects of
the daily operations of the office, supervise student workers, and
provide support to event managers and staff. This will include
forecasting event budgets, coordinating staff for events, and
create parking action plans for all campus departments and
student-lead campus groups to ensure a well-planned, safe, and
phenomenal experience to all event hosts and attendees.
During an event, you will lead staff and coordinate operations
before, during, and after the event, as well as collect data via
metrics during the event and report them to department leadership
monthly. Additionally, you will manage a sub-group of event
supervisors and parking lot attendants and will assist in handling
operations for all large signature events. After an event ends, you
will be responsible for establishing an estimate, billing the
customer, and compile accounting for all costs associated with
managing the event.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Parking Services is responsible for the construction, maintenance,
enforcement, and permit sales for most of the university's existing
and new parking facilities. We offer a variety of permit options to
meet campus parking needs. In addition, Parking Services provides
staffing and parking plans for thousands of annual campus events.
We diligently strive to reduce and mitigate the impact of large
campus events on daily university operations for permit holders and
Parking Services ensures University of Colorado Boulder’s
collective success by supporting the campus strategic initiatives,
supporting, and investing in our workforce, meeting our fiscal
responsibilities as a self-funded university business, and planning
for a sustainable future. We work to provide quality solutions to
access the University of Colorado Boulder campus.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Event Execution, Communication and Support:
Coordinate Event Parking and Visitor Access:
- Drafting the proper internal and external communications for
both the external and internal customers.
- Implementing and deploying the AIMS in-lane payment system when
applicable, as well as collecting and submitting event details in a
timely fashion for proper AIMS event creation per the AIMS Event
Module standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Meeting with campus partners to coordinate and implement the
logistics plans involved for all events under their purview, which
includes but not limited to developing access traffic plans with
the City of Boulder and CUPD.
- Effective application of Event Management System (EMS), AIMS,
ParkMobile, and CALE systems to submit timely reports, estimates
Staffing and Training:
- Oversee all events related to all the assigned campus
departments and groups by creating event plans and coordinating all
necessary parking, and staff arrangements.
- Parking arrangements include developing and creating all maps,
using the Adobe Creative Cloud, issuance of parking codes using the
Cale system, equipment set ups/take downs, permits and parking
reservations, lot closures, and creating the event in AIMS or
ParkMobile when needed.
- Hire, train, and evaluate all Parking and Events staff, as well
as plans, organizes, and assigns their day-to-day work
- Maintain positive employee relations by assisting with employee
development and coaching opportunities to work to their full
- Recognize employees who meet or exceed expected levels of
performance and identifies corrective action procedure needs for
employees whose performance or conduct does not meet required
levels and conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Develop SOP for the work unit and monitors their
- Collect and analyze data and create metrics using Microsoft
Access and Excel to identify critical information or important
trends in Events.
- Become proficient at all back of house software to assist in
improving operations and data collection.
- Field questions and comments from campus constituents and
guests regarding event parking regulations and work with the
appropriate campus resources to resolve issues beyond their
control. This may also include collaboration with University Police
to facilitate safety concerns for the campus and public good.
- Disseminate important unit communications to event support
staff regarding upcoming meetings or policy changes along with
permit holder notifications for major events. Send out daily Events
reports to necessary groups and keep the Events Team’s Shifts
calendar up to date.
Responsible for the Events Unit’s office supply inventories and
maintaining adequate resources for staff including:
- Place supply orders as needed to replace low inventory, obtain
prior approvals, and place special-request orders.
- Uniform check-out/check-in and storage.
- Order food for major events as needed by the event
- Process and document Parking Services (PS) invoices.
- Maintain organized files, records, invoices/receipts, or other
documentation and accurately enter into Concur Travel & Expense
System in compliance with university policies.
What You Should Know
- Responds to emergent needs as directed by department
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the
campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- Salary range is $50,000 - $52,530.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be dynamic. Be groundbreaking. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 1 year of experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Familiarity with smart devices, the Microsoft Office Suite and
- Prior university experience.
- Prior event planning experience and/or parking experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 24, 2022 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: