The Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion (DEI) at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages
applications for two newly created administrative assistant
positions. We are looking for individuals to support programmatic
and administrative activities of a team of DEI professionals.
Reporting to the assistant vice chancellor for DEI, duties for
these roles include but are not limited to scheduling, expense
reporting, meeting and program support, and event planning. The
administrative assistants will be critical contributors in a high
functioning team with a campus-wide reach. A demonstrated
dedication to advancing DEI is essential!
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Boulder’s vision is to be a leader in
addressing the humanitarian, social, and technological challenges
of the 21st century. In all our actions, we are committed to a
social justice approach to DEI. This is especially important to
operationalizing our strategic imperatives:
- Shape tomorrow's leaders
- Be the top university for innovation
- Positively impact humanity
This quality defines our passion for being at the forefront of
change for a more sustainable and understanding world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Support programs (e.g., impact grants, affinity groups) and the
program managers; assist in compiling and editing reports,
arranging meetings and events, supporting communication plans,
maintaining SharePoint sites and use of other O365 collaboration
- Provide meeting support: calendar scheduling, invitations,
logistics, email communications, and management (including
in-person and Zoom, reservations and catering) for Assistant Vice
Chancellor and DEI team meetings; individual calendaring for team
- General project and budget management. Assisting in
establishing and controlling budgets; maintaining accountability
for budget expenditures. Assist executive assistant and use
appropriate technology to process, track, and monitor expenses for
- Provides administrative support for special projects.
- Other duties as assigned by SVC-DEI or AVC-DEI.
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus
COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof
of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within
30 days of employment.
- Traditional business hours, on rare occasion, weekend and
evening event support needed. There is a possibility for the work
to be performed in a hybrid format.
- Annual Salary Range is: $45,000-$60,000. Relocation assistance
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be daring. Be visionary. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience.
- Note: Appropriate education may substitute for the required
experience on a year-for-year basis.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Proven success as a collaborator and relationship builder, with
strong interpersonal skills and ability to build coalitions and
collaborative working relationships with a broad range of diverse
individuals and groups, including senior executives, to achieve
- Proven dedication to advancing diversity, equity, and
- Demonstrated skills for administrative support functions
including for example: calendaring, craftingg and maintaining
project timelines, communicating internally by email with
individuals and groups, organizing electronic files and artifacts;
working independently and in a team.
- Proven success in learning new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area.
- Five (5) or more years of related work experience.
- Experience supporting executive level staff.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 14, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: