WAMU 88.5 is Washington DC’s leading public radio station for NPR
news and information. It’s our mission to connect Washingtonians
with each other and the world through balanced, enlightening,
inspiring and entertaining programs of the highest quality.
About the Department/Unit
WAMU 88.5 is the leading public radio station for NPR news and
information in the greater Washington D.C. area. WAMU is
member-supported, professionally-staffed, and licensed to American
University. Since 1961, WAMU 88.5 has provided programming to an
audience of listeners that now totals almost 1 million listeners
on-air, online, and on demand.
The CRM Database Analyst supports the Business Intelligence Systems
unit within WAMU’s technology area, reporting to Director of
Business Intelligence Systems.
This role has key relationships with staff in web development,
membership operations, major giving, financial planning &
analysis (FP&A), and IT. They will assist in the effective use
of WAMU CRM platforms, their integration across WAMU business
units, and effective stewardship of constituent data. They will
partner with the digital, membership, financial, and marketing
teams to ensure comprehensive data capture, data quality, and
provide user support across CRM platforms.
- CRM System Management: Supports the relationship with
the vendors of the WAMU CRM platforms (in 2022, this includes ROI
Solutions, Engaging Networks) with the Director of Business
Intelligence Systems to establish and continually refine CRM
business practices and operational strategies for effective data
capture, retention, and hygiene. Works as a key member of the
Business Intelligence Systems team to manage the database logic and
sweeps, platform integrations, and data usage to ensure the best
possible internal and external user experience, while also ensuring
data capture and practices match the business needs of WAMU.
- Analytics & Reporting: Extracts and analyzes data
from offsite Oracle database using custom database query tools,
SQL, and other tools as required. Manipulates data using standard
office tools such as MS Excel and MS Access. Works with fundraisers
to design data specifications that are either executed in-house or
delivered to external vendors for execution. Supports CRM/eCRM
reporting and data exploration needs in partnership with relevant
- Data Architecture & Implementation: Supports the
ongoing work of establishing and maintaining documentation for
systems and business practices, including internal processes and
those external of WAMU. Assists in the maintenance of constituent
data integrity and transparency practices which increase data
confidence and effectively meet business needs. Works with
fundraising and marketing teams to create complex email (Engaging
Networks) queries and profiles, working with our database of record
(Revolution Online – ROI Solutions), as needed.
- User Training & Support: In cooperation with other
key CRM stakeholders and team members, has a hands-on role in
training and developing users. In addition, oversees and ensures
effective delivery of training programs. Trains users throughout
WAMU (membership, major giving, marketing, as examples) in
effective operation of the CRM platforms. Provides CRM support to
WAMU stakeholders and ensures reported issues are fully
- Required to monitor and reply to essential email
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is an essential staff position. On-call for urgent
after-hours BI and CRM disruptions.
- After-hours work sometimes required for mission-critical
disruptive systems upgrades and testing.
- Must be able to work remotely in the event assistance is
required after-hours or during inclement weather.
Required Education and Experience
- Full Time, 35 Hours/week.
- Project Leader/Advisor B.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in database processing, CRM,
and/or non-profit fundraising space in roles of progressive
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with A/B/n testing strategies desirable.
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising operations and public
media, in particular, a plus. Experience with CRMs and/or eCRMs
expected, with a preference for ROI Solutions Revolution Online and
- Experience in media or membership-based organizations is a
- Experience in CRM platforms, Google Analytics, conversant in
SQL querying and reporting.
- Experience using data warehouse and business intelligence
- Familiarity with background in CRM platforms and web
Nearest Major Market:
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful
completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires
COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn
more about our health and safety directive .