Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote
student success and community development by providing affordable
access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher
education and workforce training, including appropriate applied
baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access
to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and under represented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a
diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a
Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's
faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship,
inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to
equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
To perform various technical accounting activities as assigned and
provide assistance to other members of the Business Services team
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Assists staff, students and vendors with accounting related
2) Works with sponsorship letters and purchase orders that are
received via fax, interoffice, email or mail.
3) Prepares the employee voucher, exemption and waiver
4) Promptly processes the employee vouchers.
5) Gathers data to develop, verify and edit various accounting
6) Prepares, analyzes, and compiles worksheets, balances, and
7) Processes billings for sponsors, auxiliary accounts, and
verifies sponsor agreements, waivers, and exemptions.
8) Researches banking or billing transactions for accuracy
utilizing on-line resources to resolve discrepancies.
9) Performs reconciliation activities by monitoring accounts,
preparing and processing journal entries to clear reconciling
10) Audits invoices for accuracy.
11) Serves as a liaison with vendors, internal and external
business partners, and other stakeholders.
12) Researches inquiries about invoices, general ledger entries, or
13) Assists with audits and special projects as required.
14) Participates in closing the books on a monthly and annual
15) Scans, e-files, and retrieves documents in the records
16) May train other staff members and test accounting
17) Assists with Treasury-related tasks and provides cash position
18) Processes transactions from various funding sources using file
uploads into Colleague, Workday, and other repositories.
19) Coordinates and executes financial transactions and activities,
such as bill payment, invoicing, payroll, etc.
20) Liaises with and responds to inquiries from business partners,
customers, or other stakeholders.
21)Assist with the audit process by providing information and data
22) Performs other duties as assigned.
* General accounting processes, procedures, and standards.
* Spreadsheet software applications.
* Basic auditing processes and procedures.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Interacting with diverse stakeholders using effective
interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
* Analytical, planning, organizational, and time management
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a
* Establishing and maintaining effective working
* Uses critical thinking skills to resolve problems and identify
* Flexibility to adapt to new deadlines, changing schedules,
priorities, and unpredictable events.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and
* Use automated financial systems.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
* Associate degree or higher in Accounting or Business with
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this
education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to
meet the education requirement must use additional related work
experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this
position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend
these terms of substitution at any time.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
* Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$33,982 - $48,545
Reports to Manager or Supervisor
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 8, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in
full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible
for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after
their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical,
dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement
plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security.
participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and
the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators
Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money
Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity
Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political
affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime
Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to
report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security
Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided
resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills
and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities
may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add,
change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any
time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform
other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition,
reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday