Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote
student success and community development by providing affordable
access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher
education and workforce training, including appropriate applied
baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access
to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and under represented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a
diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a
Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's
faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship,
inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to
equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Senior Administrative
Job Description Summary:
To provide advanced clerical and administrative support.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Provides administrative support of a responsible and complex
nature and assists multiple departments. Performs with autonomy and
2) Coordinates departmental activities.
3) Performs administrative duties in support of faculty, staff,
and/or student efforts, including examining and answering
correspondence, processing and prioritizing office communications,
processing mail, answering the telephone and email, arranging
conference calls, and maintaining or coordinating the supervisor's
4) Gathers and compiles data, and produces specialized reports and
documents. Maintains files, records, logs, and other tracking
5) Responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the
telephone. Accesses and works with other staff to resolve issues
from students, employees, and the public.
6) Maintains schedules, calendars, and appointments, which may
include meetings and events and the arrangements associated with
such, including preparing agendas, minutes, equipment, location,
information packets, and follow up action items.
7) Performs complex computer activities including word processing,
data collection, analysis of information, scheduling processes, and
creating visual and graphic presentations; may update websites or
use social media.
8) Coordinates the purchases of equipment and supplies; processes
requisitions, monitors multiple departments budgets, maintains
asset inventories, and assists in preparing budgets for some
9) Analyzes operating practices such as record keeping systems,
forms control, personnel, and budgetary requirements to create new
systems or procedures.
10) May serve as a technical resource for computer hardware and
software and other office equipment such as copiers and fax
11) May coordinate and review work of office or department
12) May be assigned responsibility for special projects such as
compiling special reports, scheduling rooms, compiling information,
processing new hire paperwork, and creating presentation
* Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and
* Principles and methods of budget preparation and expenditure
* Records retention, preservation, and recording.
* Office management processes and procedures.
* Maintaining an established work schedule. Some positions may be
required to work evenings and/or weekends.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including
the use of attention to detail and follow-through.
* Compiling and organizing complex material, and summarizing
discussions and actions taken in report form.
* Reviewing and preparing narrative and statistical reports and
* Interpreting and applying rules, regulations, policies, and
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
* Establishing and maintaining effective working
* Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and
presentation software including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* May use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update
Required Work Experience
* Three years related work experience.
* Associate degree.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this
education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to
meet the education requirement must use additional related work
experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this
position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend
these terms of substitution at any time.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
$37,465 - $53,521
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 15, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in
full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible
for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after
their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical,
dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement
plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security.
participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and
the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators
Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money
Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity
Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political
affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime
Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to
report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security
Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided
resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills
and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities
may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add,
change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any
time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform
other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition,
reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday