The Department of Accounting, Economics, Finance, and Information
Sciences at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is seeking an
adjunct instructor for fall 2022 to teach economics face-to-face on
our Daytona Beach campus.
The adjunct faculty member will provide hands-on learning
activities that stimulate student involvement and encourage
critical thinking in economics.
- Maintain frequent and open communication with faculty, staff
- Demonstrate proficiency using the University’s learning
management system (Canvas) and knowledge of applicable policies and
procedures by participating in and completing all required training
and orientation activities prior to the semester start date .
- Review course content, activities, and assignments prior to
each semester start date
- Prepare a syllabus and instruction materials
- Coordinate class sessions
- Coordinate course activities with the Department Chair or
- Develop assessments of student performance
- Meet all designated course instruction guidelines
- Provide students with timely and specific feedback
- Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner and in
accordance with university deadlines
- Respond to student inquires within 24 hours
- Hold weekly office hours for student consultation in accordance
with University and College Office Hours Policies
- Communicate any student/class issues with the Department Chair
- Submit final grades in a timely manner in accordance with
Required qualifications include a doctorate and/or a master’s
degree in economics, or a master's degree in a closely related
discipline with at least 18 graduate credits in economics. Previous
teaching experience is preferred.
Diversity in all its forms is valued, and women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are
encouraged to apply. An AA/EEO employer, Embry-Riddle is the
world’s leader in aviation- and aerospace-related education. See
for further information about the university.
Applicants must submit a letter of application; a vita, including a
list of references with contact information; a short statement of
teaching philosophy; and graduate transcripts. Applicants should
consider submitting any documents that demonstrate excellence in
teaching (original course materials, student evaluations, etc.).
Questions should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com