Texas A&M University Health Science Center
Srph-Center For Community Health Development
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and
working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff
by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity,
and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities
are vital to accomplishing our mission
living our core
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the
nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center
encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes
working together to improve health through transformative
education, innovative research and team-based health care
What we want
Texas A&M Health is looking for a Research Associate to serve
as a member of the School of Public Health Center for Community
Health Development. We desire an individual who subscribes to and
supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant
will bring research experience to the position and understand the
demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This
person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume
environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while
being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite
you to apply to become a member of our team.
This position will work with a research
team on the evaluation of a state-level program aimed at sexual
violence prevention. This position is responsible for managing data
from program sites, providing technical assistance to program sites
on reporting processes, and assisting the research team reach
project deliverables. The position will work with researchers to
design data collection instruments, analyze data, prepare reports
and presentations, and disseminate information to a national
audience through peer-reviewed publications.
Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Two years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree in relevant field (public health, health
- Conducting and implementing programmatic evaluations.
- Designing and managing surveys within Qualtrics survey
- Performing statistical data analysis.
- General office experience; experience working in an academic
setting on research and/or evaluation projects.
- Experience working with diverse individuals and
Other Requirements or Other Factors
- Familiarity with appropriate laboratory and/or technical
- Ability to effectively utilize a computer and applicable
software to create databases, perform statistical analyses, present
data, and perform other computer related tasks.
- Strong methodological and analytical skills.
- Strong quantitative skills with SPSS, SAS, STATA or
- Proficiency in survey development and data collection using
- Must have some quantitative and qualitative research
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (specifically
Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Must be available for travel within the state of Texas via car
Project Research and Evaluation
- Assist with designing data collection tools (reporting systems,
surveys, focus groups, etc.) and reporting protocols.
- Assist with the collection and analysis of data, particularly
utilizing Qualtrics survey software/programming and statistical
packages and keeping the detailed data secure and recorded.
- Design, plan, conduct and coordinate experiments in support of
various research projects.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques of routine
research; keep detailed records of data.
- Use computers and laboratory or technical equipment to perform
data analysis, statistical analysis, and technical evaluation of
research experiments and results.
- Assist faculty and staff involved in research and evaluation
projects in completion of contract and grant deliverables by
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate students and other
laboratory, technical or field staff involved in research.
- Install, operate and/or repair research equipment.
- Maintain financial accounts related to research projects.
Dissemination of Project Findings
- Examine and summarize research project results.
- Assist in preparing and writing project reports and
- Summarize results for inclusion in scientific and
Assist with Grant Writing
- Prepare and write proposals to funding agencies.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applications received by Texas
A&M University must either have all job application data
entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job
application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid
submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants
to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the
In accordance with the
federal contractor vaccination mandate
, specific facilities at
The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor
workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful
applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/College-Station-TAMHSC/Research-Associate_R-050477-3