This part time position will provide academic support to the Office
of Academic Affairs.
The position reports to the Vice President of Academic
25 Hours per week
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Hourly rate: $20
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of routine clerical tasks, operate office
machines (such as copier and fax), sort and distribute mail, acts
as a messenger.
- Must have excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS
Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite.
- Types letters and creates student certificates using existing
- Assist in the coordination of events, conferences and
- Assists in receiving and screening of telephone calls and
visitors for Academic Affairs office
- Assists in maintenance of Vice President Calendar in the
absence of Academic Affairs Executive Secretary.
- Interacts with other administrative support to provide
information in response to inquiries about processes, products or
- Creates general and ad hoc reports, often times handling
confidential and sensitive information; maintains spreadsheets,
compiles statistical data and prepares charts and reports as
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Vice
President of Academic Affairs or other designated management.
- Able to project professional and positive image; understand and
follows oral and written instructions; interacts with students,
faculty and staff at all levels in a courteous and efficient
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive
- Minimum High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
Preferred a minimum of 2 years working in office environment or
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office
(MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Google
- Excellent organizational skills, customer service skills, and
communication skills including interpersonal, written and verbal;
- Ability to multi-task, and be able to sit, stand, and walk
- Ability to work with a diverse population
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent and
curriculum vitae or resume. S end materials by email with the
job code (PT-Admin) of the position(s) you are interested in
applying for in the subject line to:
Bergen Community College
Department of Human
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free