Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
Online Chair for the Department of Counselor Education & Family
Studies works closely with academic leadership. The Online Chair
provides administrative leadership to online faculty and is
responsible for curriculum development and the management of
courses offered online. Administrative duties include faculty
hiring, course assignments, coaching and evaluating faculty, and
monitoring quality in the online course environment.
As qualified, the Online Chair may instruct online courses in the
fields of Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Marriage & Family
Therapy, Addiction Counseling and/or School Counseling.
Instructional duties include grading, moderating interactive
forums, roster verification, weekly written and video
announcements, responding to student emails, academic and
professional mentorship, and building relationships.
- Doctoral degree in counseling or related field ( ABD will be
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting
agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Professional or clinical counseling experience.
- Candidates will demonstrate a knowledge and application of
current trends and practices in counseling.
- Understand and articulate discipline from a biblical
- Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to convey
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and presentation
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills.
- Established leadership and administrative experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Learning Management
- Familiarity with video conferencing platforms.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required
by state or accrediting commissions.
- Doctoral degree in counselor education or related field from a
CACREP accredited program.
- Five years’ experience teaching in higher education.
- Experience in management and online administration.
- State board licensure in counseling specialty ( NCC, LPC, LPSC,
LMFT or equivalent).
- Experience in supervising practicum and internship counselor
education students at the graduate level.
- A strong professional identity as a counselor demonstrated
through advanced credentialing, presentations, publications, and
service to the profession.
- Collaborative and positive disposition.
- Strong ability to articulate worldview and Christian Counseling
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office suite and Learning
Special Instructions for Applicants
This is an on-campus position with regular office hours. Please
apply if you are able to work full-time on-campus.
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required
during this stage of the application process, official transcripts
for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be
required should the department select you for an
In the references section of the application, please submit the
names of two professional references and one pastoral reference.
Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please
contact the Faculty Hiring Office at FacultyHiring@liberty.edu
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Career Mobility Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Pastoral Reference Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
- Professional License(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).