Dance Team Head Coach - PT
Athletics and Recreation
The Head Dance Team Coach is responsible for the training and
development of Adelphi's Dance Team. This position has
responsibility for overseeing full management of the Dance team
program including recruitment, training and supervising
performances as well as community outreach and alumni
Director of Recreation and
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Conduct tryouts and auditions and select team members.
- Conduct practices, develop choreography and prepare team in
- Manage team at Adelphi basketball games and performances on and
- Adhere to University and Athletic Department policies.
- Coordinate practice and facility schedules with facility
- Coordinate budgetary needs and expenditures as well as travel
with Athletic Budget manager.
- Formulate and implement recruitment activities such as
community outreach, pre-college clinics, Kids clinics, etc.
- Formulate and implement initiatives for alumni engagement of
- Implement and direct fundraising efforts to support travel,
competition and endowed scholarships if possible.
- Works toward providing a positive student experience and
student success for members of the team. This includes creating a
positive and inclusive team environment, treating all team members
fairly and with respect and providing team bonding activities and
handling conflicts or issues that arise in a timely and
- Ability to perform and demonstrate applicable skills as
- Experience with collegiate dance team participation as well as
working with college aged students is required.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Three or more years' experience coaching collegiate spirit
groups is preferred.
- Assistant Coach(es).
- Choreographers, as needed.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving more than 7,500 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers
students 75 undergraduate programs, more than 70 master's degree
and doctoral programs, and 55 certificate programs in the liberal
arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 118,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
44 states and 65 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2787